PowerMaster 200 Amp Alternator ???

SuperCoupeSC91

anyone buy this yet ? i called summit racing they said its the only one available from them, special order, PowerMaster 200 amp (389.99) and they also said my stock wire is good for it, but i have a 4 gauge stinger wire upgrade anyways..anyone have any experience with this alternator ?? i called back to check the warrenty and they said its a 1 year, freakin 390.00 for a 1 year warrenty i got a little scared on that one...Thanks Alex LaChance

forgot to mention i ordered it thursday night, so i'm kinda stuck with getting it because of a special order...but i hope i guess right ?? anyone plzzz let me know what u think of this alternator..
i originally went to ford a week ago and gave them money for an 110 amp ford rebuilt one (145.00) , then 2 days later they called me back and said they couldnt get it (oh was i mad) so i just ordered my trunk and door seals (just installed tonight) with that money or else i would have waited a week for that money to be returned with a check in the mail (even when it was there fault/no cash back only check in the mail) ....Thanks Alex LaChance

dont buy the powerMaster 200 amp alternator

i have had so much dam trouble with this, at first i didnt have the right pulley, that came with it, then i had to use mine, then it was no direct fit, had to modify my brackets alot of grinding, then i finally get it in, the next day i had an battery light on (never came on since i owned the car), i called powermaster, the guy there said the P/N 47760 is listed in there old catolog that summit has, the new tech guy said he will take it out due to modification hassle, i asked him and he said it should work with my car, ok, i tried, so then i dont htink it works, today, i had my car on, was reading 12.3 volts, then kept it running, i had my hardwired radiator fan on, and it seemed to keep going down and down, then i seen it in 11.0 then 10.8, i turned off my car and said i've had it, this is going back to summit, 2 weeks for this special order and 390.00 dallors later and with useing my old pulley and modified the hell out of my braket and for nothing ???? ahh am i pissed, summit told me today i gotta ship it back as a warrenty defect and to ask for my money back, because i think personally this alternator isnt supercoupe compatible, i should of stopped when the alternator didnt fit right in, i went to autozone got a duralast one, with a new dam pulley might i add and lifetime warrenty and in stock for like 137.79, so i started ripping it out tonight, but going to finish it tomorrow, but so save yourself alot of trouble dont buy this alternator..... Alex LaChance

Back