Snout Seal Replacement

Mike8675309

My snout seal has started leaking. I had to put a full bottle of GM fluid in to bring it up to the proper level.

Does this repair require removal of the SC and disassembly of the snout? Most threads i found in searching was for people that already had to replace bearings as well.

Or can I just pull the front pulley to get access to the seal for replacement?

Anyone with hints for this job? Thanks

Yes you can replace the seal without removing the blower. The seal is made by Chicago Rawhide part # 7968. The pully can be removed to access the seal. You may need to go a machine supply store or a bearing supply store for the seal. In my experience Ford doesn't carry them anymore.
Good luck!

Thanks guys. Locally Gopher Bearing is my main source for odd bearings and seals. So I'll be trying them and see if they have a sane price. Otherwise I saw Tbird88 had some for sale.

Price should not be too bad. I live in Canada and it was only $16.00 here so it's probrably about $5.00 in the US!!!

I have several kits to repair the snout. All kits come with instructuions and are shipped free to the lower 48. The seal is $10.00 the seal and bearings kit is $30.00. I have a solid coupler for $15.00. I also have the two bearings that go in the rear of the blower housing $10.00 each. Contact me at FLBATFISH@aol.com if I can help U.

KarDoktor said:
I have several kits to repair the snout. All kits come with instructuions and are shipped free to the lower 48. The seal is $10.00 the seal and bearings kit is $30.00. I have a solid coupler for $15.00. I also have the two bearings that go in the rear of the blower housing $10.00 each. Contact me at FLBATFISH@aol.com if I can help U.

Thanks,

I saw your add but feel that I'll be o.k. with just the seal. My SC isn't making any noises that I'm concerned with. But if I do end up needing a kit, I'll be contacting you.

Back