PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!my bird is sick!

civickiller_sc

Just bought my white 93 sc auto. a couple months ago. Great car, but something is not right. Once in a while the check engine light will come on and then it goes off again. If i punch the gas to the floor it has less power and doesnt accelerate worth a damn but if i let the gas up a little bit,like a little less then halfways it takes off, but the spot where it has good power is a very small span of the traveling distance of the pedal. It can still beat most cars while I'm driving it since I'm starting to get a feel for its *issues* but whenever anyone else tries to get anything out of it they are disappointed and call it a piece of crap, i must save my car's reputation!

PLEASE HELP MY BIRD!!!!

Attachments

• mybird.jpg
    mybird.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 111
forgot something.....

I forgot one other thing about my car, it gets really warm when just cruising around town at 30mph or if i let it idle it will heat up right away, it has never started to overheat but it gets close enough to the red to worry me, I've checked the antifreeze, its never been low, although there seems to be one or two hairline cracks on the top or the radiator that end up with a little bit of antifreeze bubbles after running the car for awhile, does this have something to do with it running so hot? the car cools down as soon as i let it cruise at about 40mph or faster for a little while.....

My poor car.........:(

Attachments

• 342989_9.jpg
    342989_9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 102
Your low on coolant. The reason you never have to put coolant in the overflow is because the cracks in your radiator cause the pressure to blow out through the rad and not into the overflow. Without the overflow working properly you will loose coolant whether you see it or not.

Have you ever changed the plugs and wires? If not make sure to change them now. Don't use Bosch platinums, they won't last very long.

Jeff

Back