would it be wise??

luvmy95sc

Instead of buying the seal kit from ford, can you use teflon tape to go between the the intercooler and the ictubes??

I agree, go with TBird88's gasket set. The Ford reseal kit IS teflon tape, but it is much thicker than what you can buy in the stores. I can't remember the name of the company, but someone found a supplier for it a few years ago. Unfortunately you had to buy it in quantities of like 4000 feet at a time. McMaster-Carr also sells the thicker teflon tape if you are still interested in going that route.

i bot about 80 feet of the authentic stuff.. i think i paid about $1.00 a foot.. i never thot about selling some .. but i guess i should.

I just put a set of TBird88's gasket kit on my car. The are pretty slick. He had them to me in like 3 days all the way from Texas.

Last time I use the tape, it is so messy and all to clean up after you tear back into the IC tubes. I will let you know how good they seal when I get my SC fired up (Other problems)

Wynn's (tbird88) gaskets are the easiest way of sealing the IC.
If had mine off a few times and they still seal up fine.

Aaron

Add me to the list of happy customers. Easy to install and seal tight... Great product.

Back