Differential Question

pearl95sc

What size gear came in the 1990 xr7 sc? I will be junking mine soon and was planning on using this pumpkin for the new gear. This way I can just swap rear ends, no being without my baby. Also, being that it's an auto, would it have the same trak-lok feature found in my 95-5spd? Because both tires always fired upon a burnout request. Just curious. I figure the 3.73's I was gunna put in the bird might be too big being all the mods i've done. Any help appreciated.

All automatics were equipt with 3.29-1 ring gears.
Look at the sticker in the drivers side door jamb. You will see the word Axle with the letter E under it. E is the code for 3.29, if yours is different post what is there and I'll look it up for you.

kewl

Right on the money. 3.29 it is. Maybe i'll try it out before the 3.73's. It just might work out for the better. Thanks.

Actually... The 3.29 gear, is not 3.29. It is 3.27.
I believe all auto's got 3.27 and all 5 speeds got 2.73.
And yes the 90 Auto will have a trac-loc. All 89-93s had them and the 94-95 5 speeds had them. 94-95 autos had traction control.
Hope this helps, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

What kind of fluid goes in the differential. I figure i'll change it while i'm switching them. Prefer to go synthetic also. Any suggestions?

Back