What Mufflers Should I get?

SlushNaz

I'm looking to get some new mufflers for my 91 SC. I want to get a little more throaty sound out of it. I have been told that the 40 series flowmaster sound good on it but i just want to get some other opinons.

Ah the muffler question. Don't expect the SC to sound like the rumble that 5.0's get, don't expect it to sound like ANY V8 sounds and go out and get the high performance muffler that is in your budget and comes with the coolest stickers. They're all going to basically sound the same, like a pied off bumble bee in a can.

Alex

replacing just mufflers is almost a waste of money on this car..IMO..But if you really need too...Get a dynomax ultraflow non SS..There cheap enough

I'm going to have Dynomax Superturbos put on my car in few weeks (along with having my resonator deleted). I would recommend these; my friend had them on his '91 SC and they sounded great (his cats were gutted too).

I currently have my cats removed (which is different then the link). I can get another sound file if you like. But I have an exhaust leak at the moment.

Julian

I'm pretty happy with these mufflers :D :

Exhaust2.jpg

I have a magnaflow 18" resonator farther upstream which takes care of the noise level.

-Rod

You know.. once again...

Does anyone have any sound files of how these different exhaust setup sound...

I have seen so many promise to get sounds files up.. or hear them say.. I will see what I can do... but today.. I still hear no examples..

:(

I'd love to do it if I had the equipment and knew exactly how to load it onto my computer. I don't have a microphone for my computer, either.

-Rod

i just had my borlas put on today. amazing sound very smooth and deep. could pass for a stock 5.0 because its not very loud. there a little expensivve though.

racecougar said:
I'd love to do it if I had the equipment and knew exactly how to load it onto my computer. I don't have a microphone for my computer, either.

-Rod

Race Cougar... Say.. I would love to do some experiments with this myself.. an find the best way to do this... I have a Digital Video Cam.. an I am someday going to mess with it an see if I can get sound through that.. only.. an no video..

Wish I could find someone in MN that already has thier exhaust work done.. so I could use that as my experiment.. :(

Karl

If anyone in the St. Louis area has the equipment and know-how to setup an audio file of my exhaust setup, let me know. Or anyone who'll be at the SC shootout (I know, it's a little far off, but...), this car will be there.

-Rod

ok... That's what I want my car to sound like...

does anyone have this sound in thier car?

if so tell me how you did it

I couldn't get that file to actually play in winamp. It downloaded, it just wouldn't play, and it wouldn't let me open it with another program.

-Rod

racecougar said:
I couldn't get that file to actually play in winamp. It downloaded, it just wouldn't play, and it wouldn't let me open it with another program.

-Rod

Rob,

I was a little worried that wouldn't work.. However.. I did upload it while at home... so here at work I tried as well..

The file downloaded just fine..

I then uncompressed the file with WinZip

Then played just fine via Windows Media Player...

Not sure what the issue is with WinAmp

Now...Back to the Question.....

Does anyone know what components - mufflers, resonator, size of pipes - were used to make the system that produced that sound?

Mark
'93 SC

Back