NY MEET in Albany

N

NytRyderSS

NY MEET in Albany

I am planning a meet. I do not have a SC but have a V8. I'm not here to make fun of anyone for anything. I like all Tbirds.
This meet is for any MN12 (thunderbird, cougar, mark VIII).
There is info at members.tccoa.com/shawn40th/tccoaNY.htm

Basicly... Albany, NY. August 4th. Anyone with a MN12 is welcomed. If you dont want to thats fine. If you are interested please express your interest in a reply to this and I will keep updating SCCOA people on the info as I find new info.

Thanks for listening,
-Shawn :cool:

Re: NY MEET in Albany

Dude, I'm so there!!!!!

Where would it be in albany??!

Russ, you should come on back up to your old stomping ground too! And anywhere russ goes, dennis was sure to follow.

Do you think that we can get any racing in or dyno tyme?

Dood WTF iz there to do in Albany? If i go up there i will SURELY be arrested.. I mean u saw wut happened in Carlisle..At least they had a car show there for an excuse.. LoL

Dennis

Well currently some one is looking into what car stuff we can do there. Other then that it is just a central part of the state that people can meet. And the mall is huge so its a good place. There are a few parkinglots there and even one used as a overflow parking lots that is surrounded by trees. (Burnout fun there I think) there are some other places that have huge parking lots within minutes from that mall that are closed down and we can do a cruise to there to burn out and stuff.
The mall has plenty of places to eat and someone is even checking on getting use hooter girls to take pics of with our cars :)
I will keep you guys posted here.

take care,

-Shawn
home.rochester.rr.com/swetfam/tbird.htm

AND oh yeah...
thats at the Crossgates mall at albany.

-Shawn

Dennis

Dood WTF iz dere' ta' dew n' Carlisle??????

yet we went there anyway, and I can attest to the fact that the girls around here DO in fact have teeth! :)

Anyway, there is a drag track in lebanon Valley NY. That is about 45mins from "X"-gates mall. I have never been to lebanon valley myself but have been told to go there.

And surely someone can locate an area with a Dynojet chassis dyno if we wanna rent some Dyno time, right? Hey we gotta couple of months to plan this thing, so let's get it right the first time. Plus this will be the first time that anybody has suggested doing anything worth while here in Smallbany. In fact I'm thinking of moving back to putnam valley cause there are no Sc'ers in this area. Every time I see an SC, it is either an old lady driving it or some college guy who couldn't give a rats a$$ about what he is driving and wishes his parents bought him that integra type R instead. But if we can get a meet going, I wouldn't mind living here a few months longer.....

But basically we'll do the same stuff we did at carlisle, park the Car's, show em' off, talk major tech stuff, Drink beers, answer any questions to passerby etc. If we keep quiet and avoid any sex play, the cops shouldn't bother us, but the riceboys might. Then we'll have to deliver the smack down... :evil:

Ok I am in the middle of looking up some tracks and maybe dynos to go to around that area. I will keep you all posted.
-Shawn

Re: Cool beans!

No offense, but you can't pay me enough to go back to Albany :)

And Leb Valley is north and a little east of Albany. I forget exactly, but if you take 90 towards the Taconic, and right after you leave downtown Albany and hit that big bridge, its one of those exits which you take north for like 40 miles. Not too bad a trip...

And as far as what there is to do... heh, don't get me started. Maybe we can chill at Breuggers :)

Re: Cool beans!

"No offense, but you can't pay me enough to go back to Albany"

Did something happen some other time in albany? Why wont you go there. It's not really directly in Albany, just at the Crossgates Mall.
As of now we are looking at exactly what else there is to do. There are a couple closed down stores that hace nice secluded parking lots that are possible for burnouts and stuff. I am looking into tracks and stuff but the closest one already has something going on All day on that day. (Aug 4)
I will keep people posted here
take care,
-Shawn

I'm still in..

Keep looking, even if we can only go to a dyno shop for like a few hours or something that would be fine.

Russ, Yeah albany sucks but it's not that bad. They got the best buy and home depot so, that part is really hopping with people. It is hard to find parking in X-gates mall..

Re: I'm still in..

Shawn: I went to SUNYA from 91-95 :)

Joe: I actually was back there a year or two ago (Xgates) when I had gone to Hunter to ski and it rained - we detoured up to the mall to check it out. Its EASILY 3x bigger than when I was living in Albany, but still sucks :) Too many malls in too little space. The only good thing about Albany was Kurver's ice cream in summer, and the $4 movie theater :D

Yeah baby!

Are you talking about norma jean's movie theater on madison ave? Or the spectrum on delaware? Or are you talking about the crowne cine behind B.J's across from colonie center?

Kurver cream rocks, mocha frost coffee ice cream smoothe is the best. However, that is also a local rice hang out. I go there and there is a Impreza 2.5RS made up to look like a WRX. What a phony.

I agree, Albany does suck, but I am stuck up here till I find a job in westchester. So i gotta make the best of what i have. I'm brewing up some beer for the next meet and There is a brew shop up here on wolf rd or something like that..........

Got someone else to go to the meet!

I think, It is this guy who walked into A-zone today on central, he had a T-bird LX with shaved handles and doors. Painted pearl silver all over. Looked very smooth. He's just a V-6 but he is still invited.

He'll probably come to X-gates too!

Back