got my new exhaust today

daivd z

i got my borla turbo mufflers welded on today along with a full 2.5 inch from the 3rd cat back. its nice and deep and i love the sound. its not as loud as i want it but thats probably because i sill have 3 cats. hoping to get rid of those soon. it seems to spin tires alot easier and get up and go when i step on the gas. i love it. the mufflers are straight threw so the only restrictions are the 3 cats and stock downtubes. is this exhasut setup good enough for a pulley and some intake mods?

I would personnally put no more than an 89-93 pulley on (assuming 95 SC).

From the FAQ

When is it safe to run a smaller SC pulley?
By Bill Evanoff

This is definitely a "loaded" question. It’s like asking, "when can I have safe sex with this guy/girl I just met"? Just as the bible tells us abstinence is the only truly safe sex possible, I encourage the same for SC owners and their desires to spin their blowers faster. Is this too cautious of an approach? Too conservative? Wimpy? Absolutely, but I’ll stick by this recommendation and only vary from it if one condition is met. That is if the engine has headers with larger collectors and an oversize, free flowing exhaust system. Then, it can be considered safer to run a 5% or 10% overdrive pulley. I’m sure there are owners who have successfully used an overdrive pulley for years with their stock exhausts, but TOO MANY others have met with disaster (a blown head gasket) when running this combination.

Cool !! Any chance you can load up a sound clip ? I would like to hear your setup!

Jeff

Back