Replaced Motormounts; still bad vibration...

SilverCoupe

Well, to my dismay, I bought and installed some solid rubber mounts. Upon removing the old mounts, it came to my attention that someone had already replaced the liquid filled mounts on my car and that the mounts were no longer the problem. I still have vibration at idle with the clutch pressed in, I still have vibration at all RPM ranges with bad vibration above 3500. What else could it be? The drive shaft connections are all tight. I replaced the HB and crank pulley recently. Could it be my tranny mount? Or is something internally off balance in my tranmission or motor? I'm stumped on this one. :mad:

I am not saying this could be you, but you reminded me of what happened to me. I also had a bad vibration. I took the car in to have them check the universal joints. They put the car up on the hoist, checked them out, and told me they were all tight. I left the place and only got about 2 miles down the road when the driveshaft disconnected. (If I remember right, the universal joint snapped).

tranny

try the transmission mount and also the cross member mount

MN12Performance.com has them and even shows the installation

process. When the car shifts, if those cheap-azz liquid mounts we have on the car arent fairly new... then you will have serious vibrations, but also check out the driveshaft andmake sure the universal joint is secure....

I HATE SC... really I LOVE THEM!!!:D

they are just like women... EXPENSIVE!!!

VIBE

maybe this will help,
I recently bought an 89 5 speed with a blown engine. Previous owner told me the engine had a bad vibe through all rpms. shortly before the engine blew, he had the balancer replaced by his ford dealership, and thats when the vibrations came. long story short, they installed the wrong balancer. They installed a balancer that clearly has a counter weight on one side. On my 90 auto, the balancer is evenly balanced, so I swapped the balancers after rebuilding the engine and it purrs like a kitten. Good luck!

Back