MSD Ignition

Crusader

Hey,

I was wondering if MSD would work in an SC. I asked my mechanic and he said that it wouldn't do anything that I could feel.
I just wanted a second opinion on this. Do any of you guys use MSD?
Thanks a bunch. Any input is appreciated.

-Tim

Last time I checked there was only one system by MSD that would work for our cars. It evidentally doesn't do much. It has nice features like 2 stage rev limiters, variable timing, increase spark... I think the two stage limiter would be cool at the track, consistent launches everytime, timing thing would be cool to adjust to your car but EEC Tuner does, and spark, well this would be only increase in power but would only be real beneficial on high boost engines that are on edge of blowing spark out then it wouldn't make power just let you make what you should. Works much better on high rpm engines. Don't think it would be worth all the time to put on and money($300+). EEC Tuner would be much better investment. Maybe try Boost A Spark, much cheaper and a lot easier to install. Maybe they have a 30 day warranty or something, if it works keep it, if not send it back. Kenne Bell makes it.

I run an MSD ignition DIS-4 on my 94 SC. I like it, a lot of people have problem with it because they use a stock style plug. I use cheap Autolites non platinum and with has a bit more of a kick that it did when I use to run the double platinums. The install is very simple just finding a place to put it is kinda hard. It does have a lot of cool stuff. My dad works at MSD so I didn't pay full price for the box, so to me it was worth it. I do agree with Aaron for the retail price of the box I think an EEC tuner would be a better buy.

msd btm that will work I just fried mine but it was on its third aplication at the time( used on 2 other cars) but it will work, mine was just old

A regular BTM will not work on our cars , you need a Multi-channel Boost Retard controller (6563). To use it you have to have a MSD DIS-4. The Multi-channel Boost Retard controller has a lot of cool stuff, like a timed retard and letting you take timing away at lauch to help control wheel spin. I have never used this kit but a lot of the fast GNs and T-types use it.

Back