1991 6cyl to a 5.0L (Please Help)

Ricky

1991 3.8L to a 5.0L swap (Please Help)

What are the alterations in dropping in the bigger engine to the 1991 3.8L thunderbird SC. I pulled out the 3.8L already and now I have the 5.0 L in already. Would all the wiring be the same ? How about the wiring Diagram ? My feul pump will not turn on now. Can anyone please help me !! What other challenges will I be looking at ? This is my first Thunderbird SC(1991).

Please Help !

Last edited:
this is something to ask over at TCCoA (.com)

The swap isn't hard, specially if yah got the engine in there :) the wiring is tricky thou... since the SC engine and the 5.0L is two different beats..

Also what 5.0L engine did you use?? dependant on the what car,e ct.. taking the engine harness and the EEC from that car would of been a good idea :)

The wire that turns on the fuel pump on the SC runs through the dash. On the LX it doesn't. There are many other differences. If you want it to work, then you must get the helms wiring diagrams. You can order them from helms for like $12 and they cover all 91 models.

Seems like a lot of work just to end up with a slower car than you had before.. Unless you plan on really hopping up that 5.0L!

Ditto on www.tccoa.com, they can be more help there.

Jeramie

Back