spongy brake pedal and moonroof ?

BlkSCnKS

Since my car was broken into and I can't afford a chip now I have decided to fix the little problems my '95 has. On the first pump the brake pedal goes down about an inch before it engages, then if I let up and push again, it is hard. I am not leaking fluid and I have never had a problem with the brakes not working but I don't like it. I bled the brakes once after I bought it and it didn't help. Does anyone know the proper procedure? I know the early ones had a special procedure but what about the '94 and '95's? Second, when I am opening up the moonroof all the way, it stops about 3/4's of the way back. If I release the switch and push it again it will go all the way back. Any ideas? Does anybody have the schematic for the moonroof cause I'd like to take the sliding cover out and reattach a few places where the cloth has peeled back some. Thanks again,
Brandon

The moonroof thing is normal and is supposed to do that. From what I've read, it stops at that spot because it was found that was where it made the least amount of wind noise for those people without a good stereo. Not sure on the other things.

Bleeding Teves II ABS:

This job is easier if you remove each wheel as you go, but not a requirement. Also, when you open the bleeder valves, you don't want air to leech back in. Open them just enough to drain the fluid but NO MORE.

Start with the RR.

Take a clear 1/4" soft plastic tube about 2' in length and shove one end on the bleeder valve nipple. This should fit air-tight! Clear tubing makes it easy to see the air in the brake fluid. Place the other end in an open container to catch the old fluid.

Now, for the Teves-II ABS, you will need to do this part with the key on to the run position, engine off.
listen for the pump motor to shut off. Open the bleeder valve slightly (about 1/8 turn is sufficient) and drain for about 10 seconds at a time. Close the valve, let the accumulator recharge, repeat until the line runs clear fluid with NO air bubbles.

I don't know about the Teves IV, but it won't hurt anything to do it the same way. You may have to have someone press the brake pedal for you.

Top off fluid in reservoir after each cylinder is bled.

Repeat procedure for the LR wheel.

For the front 2 calipers, turn the key-off; the accumulator is not needed for the fronts. Starting at RF, hookup the plastic tubing and have an assistant press down on the pedal to push fluid out; open the valve slighty and bleed fluid out. Shut off the valve while the fluid is still flowing.. Have your assistant let off the pedal and reapply pressure and repeat until the fluid runs clear.

Repeat procedure for the LF.
So its RR, LR, RF, LF in that order.

Have fun.

Back