Still havin problems

silversc90

Well Ive replaced the o2 sensor on the pass. bank and the car seems to run better except when I start it. It revs up to 1500 rpm then back down to 750-800 then sputters and either recovers or dies. But if you take it for a good warmup drive it idles fine. Any suggestions???????

Pull codes and see if it points you to anything. Could be a vaccuum leak also. Have you disconnected any part of the intake, the intercooler tubes or supercharger lately? You could also let it relearn its idle settings by pulling the negative battery cable for 5 minutes, then restarting without touching the gas pedal and let it idle untouched with no accessories on for 10 minutes.

Everything is where it should be, done tried codes and nothing comes up. I am pretty sure the right bank or one cylinder is running rich, had soot on bumper and pass. side 02 sensor. Plugs and wires are good thinking maybe the DIS? Any one ever have this problem???? Looking for someone to suggest something I havent thought of.

Listen to the injectors with a stethoscope. If you don't have a stethoscope, use the mechanics version.. a broom handle or long screwdriver. Put one end, OK the handle, in your ear and the other on the part you want to listen to. See if they all "tick" the same.

Boy this sounds familiar, doesn't it Mike?
Would the vac/boost guage give a tell tale on a vacuum leak?

if you had battery unhooked it took mine 3 days to idle right again you could hook volt meter to black wire on 02 sensor and see if its working after it runs about 3 minutes 02 sensor should start switching between above and below .5 volts

Back