Supercatxr7 (mac headers)

lowflying90

Did you install a torque strap along with your headers? Did you just cut off flush and weld the egr stuff shut on them? You just put the o2 sensors in the downtubes then? right?

Thanks,
Jeff

Have you seen the 01-03 MAC headers. They moved the pipes around some. It looks like they may be a better fit now.

1999-2000

TF3699.jpg

2001-2003

TF3202.jpg

They didn't fit better for me! I have the '01-03 type, and even after denting a big dent in the collector and grinding away most of that flange, they were sitting against the steering shaft. I had to cut them on the underside of the primaries near the head, and bend them down so they run closer to the block. After doing that, the downtubes barely fit because the flange is so close to the block. But it does clear the stupid steering shaft.

BTW mine look the same as Mark's. I called MAC before getting them, and they told me all the Mustang V6 headers have the same primary design, the only difference between the years is the smog hookups. The picture just shows an older design not made anymore. This is what they told me anyway.

That's a misleading ad then. Straight from their site. I'll know in a week or so when mine get here.

Answer me this, if the steering shaft was half the diameter would it clear the headr?

once i did see a picture of someone who cut their steering shaft down to use them to like half the size. this was about a year ago though.

any torque strap pics?

Jeff

Back