turn signals

panic-mechanic

I need your expert advice: Sometimes the turn signals will work, 5 minutes later, they won't. When they stop working there is a strange "spring" sound by the switch. If I have the headlights on, the cornering lights will come on, but won't blink. But if the headlights are off, the cornering lights won't come on. I don't hear a buzzing noise coming from the module by the gas pedal. I haven't done anything yet. I thought I'd ask your opinons before I go and rip the steering column apart trying to get at the switch. Thanks in advance.
Jane

You need to replace the "Multifunction Switch". (The MFS is the turn signal, high-beam, wipers, and windshield washer switch with the "lever" attached.) They are available from the dealership, or most parts stores. There is a difference between the "regular" unit and the one for cars with "Auto dimmer" features so be sure to keep that in mind. It's a fairly easy repair, basically "plug-n-play".

My Turn signal work some times but most of the time they dont and when they do ot i hear a buzzing sound, that in the name of God do i need to replace, i already did the MS, and where is the part i need to replace, (i love my car i love my car i love my car i love my car maybe someday i will believe this,

matt

Matt, I think we're in the same boat. I had an LX that sounded like a giant bumblebee. I replaced the switch. Thanks everyone for your help. I guess I'll be replacing the switch. I can't believe the price! I'm not really surprised though. And forget the junkyard. What are the chances of finding a bird with automatic dimming headlights in a junkyard. I guess I'll search the parts page. Thanks again.
Jane

Back