What Is This Hose - Small Leak Here

wwwtbirdforumcom

Hi -

on our 1995 5 speed sc - the radiator was leaking so badly that I replaced it with a new radiator and a new cap (16 # ). Now I have refilled the overflow tank about 3 times now and last night after a 15 minute drive there was coolant on top of the supercharger. I looked today in the daylight and it looks like the hose that is coming off from where the ETC sensor is wet where the clamp is. The hose has some sort of metal fitting on one end of it and the hose clamp on the other end where it connects up to the ETC. Can anyone tell me what that hose is for and how hard it may be to replace.

Thanks in advance.

sincerely
birdman

Kind of hard with your description but it sounds like either the bypass hose next to the thermostat, easy fix. Or it could be the hose to the heater core which is a little more work and expense because it has part metal and part rubber to the hose and it can probably on be bought at Ford. Not to bad though, two bolts on exhaust manifolds and two hose clamps.

One of the members in the SCCOO had to fix the same thing. I think this part is no longer avalable from ford and no after market. What he did was got some hose of the same size and from the pluming section a connection to but two pices of hose together to make a bridge over the area what was leaking.
Hope that might help.

I found out that the hose was the coolant return line going from the ect to the heater core hose - my ford dealer wanted $108 bucks for the whole hose. I used my sawzall and cut the metal pice off of the hose coupling. I took the hose piece to azone and bought a curved piece of 3/4 " hose for 7.99 - I'll clamp it in place tomorrow to stop my leak. thought I'd close the loop on this issue.

Back