Florida Car Show Aug 23, 2003

kamakazie_1

Hey guys, anybody be interested in doing this, it's at the Florida Mall down in southwest Orlando. I've just got a call back from Sgt. Newcomb with the Orange County Sheriff's office and this is the first time they tried to organize something like this.. Cool thing is they have some of the Special Olympics kids that are going to do the judging so they'll have a big part in it!! Let's get everyone that can get their car here for this one.

I know it's last minute kind of, but it's for a good cause (special Olympics) and it will be another chance for some of us to show off the SCs... Public awareness is a great thing.

I have a document with the flyer and entry form, email me and I'll send it out to you if your interested.. kamakazie_1@hotmail.com

Here's the front page of the flyer..

Last edited:
Richard,

At this time I'm interested and it is for a good cause. Of course it is 100% dependent on the weather. Maybe that evening will be a dry on just like our get to gether back in June.

Bryan

Can't make this one guys.

Too much going on for me and not enough weekends left in the month. I am in for a fall SC meet, as well as the Silver Springs show and the Daytona Speedway spring show/swap meet.

Post some pics if you can.

resized%20dec%2001%20low%20pro%20side.jpg

Ok folks, so far I have 2 with a possible third, come on you guys want to meet lets get going on this one...

Flip, Mike, Me and possibly Bryan (weather dependent) will be going... Anymore takers???

Me (Richard) and my better half (kamakazie_1) (Pearl White 95 SC)
Bryan ... better half (SuperChicken89) (Another fine White 89 SC)
Mike and Flip (Flip & Mikename) (White 93 SC)

Ok that makes three of us, anybody else here in the area that wants to make this a larger group??

LessonInTorque
beedogg91
sweet90SC

You guys are local, any interest from y'alls end??

Richard,

Are you still planning on attending this show Saturday? I am but have a question. Florida Mall is a very large place. Do you have an idea where exactly at the mall the show will be held?

Bryan

i would be there, but my sc is still just sittin like it has since i moved out here. as soon as i get i fixed ill be ready to do whatever. brian

Hey Brian, I know how you feel, I didn't get to go down there today either.. Flip, Mike, Bryan, did you guys get to go down to the show?? I started over, Check engine light came on about half way over, it was still running good so I kept going. Joyce wanted to get her nails done so we went a little early to stop by her favorite shop over there.

Walked out of the nail shop and had a flat on the right rear!!! Today was not a good day, then while I was airing the tire up it began to rain, a normal Florida rain no less!!

I finally got the tire fixed and we just came on home... What a flipped up day this has been...

RJ

Me and Flip made it there. The show was bigger than we expected and there were some really nice cars there (we were the only SC though). Most everybody including us left around 5 because it started raining. Sorry about your flat yesterday... those little suprises really suck.

Mike

Sorry I didn't make it Guys! :( Friday I didn't make it home from my Charlotte business trip till late. Then Saturday I had to make an early morning trip to Wauchula to pick up some parts for my project car and didn't make it back from there till mid afternoon. By then the threatening skies were setting in so I decided not to go at the last minute.

We will just have to meet up at the next show at Moroso Park.

Bryan

Heh, Flip and I were looking up at those same clouds when we left but figured what the heck. It's too bad nobody could make it to this one but Moroso park sounds like it will be great. :)

Mike

I know all about rain... This is how the day really went I was just being short the other night when I wrote that...

I was figuring on taking both my F-250 4x4 and my SC to the show, the better half drove the truck. We stopped in Christmas to get fuel and the bottom of the truck was covered with tranny fluid. Instead of being late getting to the show, which we'd left early to make it over to Alafaya area so Joyce could get her nails done, I told her to park the truck there at the Circle K and we'd just go with the SC. I dropped her off to get her nails done and ran to the bank, when I got back to pick her up she was still letting the polish dry so I walked down and looked about in Radio Shack..
On the way over the "Check Engine Light" came on the dash and then went out on the SC, but it was still running ok. When she came out of the place she called me on the radio and told me that the rear right was flat on the SC!!! I was fortunate to have my little portable compressor in the car so I aired it up and went across the street to get Tire Kingdom to patch it for me and there was a 2h45m wait, I said screw it, and we went back east, picked up the truck and went to the house... Oh, and BTW it was raining the whole time we were travling over and back from east Orlando, I was hoping you guys had done better on your end of town.

Short story "Saturday sucked for us!!"

I did just recieve an email from Sgt. Linda Newcomb from the Orange County SO and she said they done excellent in the show, It raised $11,000 dollars for Special Olympics and that there were officially 130 cars that registered and participated in the show..

Sorry Mike and Flip that you guys ended up being the only SC there, I tried believe me!!

RJ

RJ, Sorry to hear your Saturday was such a bad day.

You might want to suggest to Sgt. Newcomb that the show be moved to either earlier or later in the year to increase attendance although 130 cars isn't a bad count by any means. I'm sure more would have attended if the weather hadn't been so threatening. Another suggestion would be to move the time to say like 9:00 am to 2:00 pm if the show is kept at its present time of the year. There is a good reason why the Florida show season is from Oct. thru May! I know I am not alone when I won't take the car out of the garage for fear of having to do hour upon hour of detailing caused by inclimate weather.

Well enough of my ranting ;) .

Bryan

Last edited:
Back