Weird Throttle Problems

thumper

Well guys, it goes like this: I'll be driving my auto SC along and the car will accelerate, on it's on, until about 35-40 mph. When you try to stop the car it's like it is getting constant throttle, you know, like holding your right foot on the gas and your left foot on the brake.

I resently had the supercharger off, and when I put it back on, I dint' reseal the IC tubes with the proper tape. Could a leaky IC tube cause this problem? Thanks guys!!!!

Corey

If you throw it into neutral what does it do? Does it stick at a set RPM?

If it is limited to about 2100rpm, likely is a leak somewhere. You should be able to see if it is a leak after the SC but working with a friend to play with the throttle while you listen under the hood. A boost leak should be something you can hear when under pressure.

When I place the car in neutral, it may do several things. What it does almost seems dependant on the cars forward momentum. If I'm going down the road, coasting, and put the car in nuetral, it idles up to 1700 or so, never any more 1800... but then when I stop after I put it in neutral, it will drop down to about 1000 after a moment of being stopped. Now if I'm sitting still at a stop light in drive, and then put the car in neutral, it will idle at about 1000, give or take 200 rpm. When I'm sitting still in drive with my foot on the brake, the car idles at about 800-1000, instead of the 550 (isn't it supposed to be at 550 when I'm stopped in drive?).

Could this still be the IC tubes? Or is it the idle air control valve.... hmmmm....

Back