Much better times at the track!

fastsc92

After two visits to the track and disapointing times....i made some good runs last night. I kept the nitrous jet the same (55 shot)...and increased the fuel pressure to 45psi static. The car ran a 14.6 at 99mph. The second run i ran the same set-up and was able to get a 14.5 at 96mph. My third run I turned the pressure up to 48psi and ran a 14.3 at 97mph. The 4th run I ran a pressure of 49.5psi and changed nitrous jets. I used a 65hp nitrous jet with the 75hp fuel jet. I was able to get a 14.3 at 101.64. And the last run i kept it the same set-up and got a little sideways in 2nd killing my 60 foot...and pulled a 14.6 at 100.64mph. I'm getting a good mph....at 101...but my 60 foot times need to be improved...then i should be in the mid 13's.
It seems that I just have a fuel problem. So its time for injectors. I dont know whats right for me.....38lb or 42lb. I also have a 255lph pump...will that handle my injectors just fine?? All 5 runs i made....i was able to get a near perfect reaction time of .570 and under. I was happy with that. Still...my 60 foot is only a 2.1, so its also time for some ET street slicks. Other than that...the car ran great. I think my only weak point right now is that these injectors are maxed out past their limit, and i need some more traction. The car justr feels so much more alive with a higher fuel pressure, so i'm assuming that when i get new injectors i wont need to run very high of a pressure.
Also i got the car weighed a few times when i was there.....3879lbs....with me in it...(150lbs) and 1/4 tank of gas. PLus the nitrous bottle and spare tire etc..... I was expecting a lot more...but its still a heavy car.

I believe w/ the bigger injectors you'll still need to run the higher fuel pressure. If I was you I'd replace the AFPR w/ the stock FPR and let it set its own pressure. That alone should get you in the 13's.

2.1 is a good time for street tires.

I can always set this regulator to the stock psi..and I like the way i can always adjust it. It adjusts from 20-100psi. The stock pressure is 39psi static right? This is a kirban regulator and i'm pretty happy with it. I dont see the reason to change back to the stock one when i can set this at the stock pressure if need be.

I would be concerned with running lean on the juice. You are asking for trouble. I didn't know you had a fuel jet in the ZEX kit. so it is actually a wet kit?

If that is the case, then larger injectors are not needed. What is needed then is to increase the fuel jet until the car slows down. If you are adding fuel for the nitrous then you don't need bigger injectors.

I still say, spend the money for a dyno tune! You can do the tuning yourself and the dyno time should only be about $75-100. Just keep increasing your fuel jet until you hit 12.0:1 on the nitrous. Practicing like you are at the track with guesswork is very dangerous to your stock pistons and headgaskets!

"I think my only weak point right now is that these injectors are maxed out past their limit"

Throw some slicks on it and I am sure you will turn up a few more weak points. :)

Good times, glad to see that you got it worked out.

"I think my only weak point right now is that these injectors are maxed out past their limit"

Throw some slicks on it and I am sure you will turn up a few more weak points. :)

Glad to see you getting better times. Good job.

it is a dry kit...but the zex kit used nitrous pressure and pushes harder on the diaphram in the regulator to add increased fuel pressure. Slicks are coming very soon...as well as injectors and a MAF to match. With the slicks alone i should be running great times.....and with the new injectors..i shouldn't have to worry about running lean.

i'll get there as soon as i can....right now i'm in the process of buying 42lb injectors and a MAF to match. Then after that...i'll make a trip to the dyno so i can get the fuel pressure to be just right.

there are some issues preventing that which I wont get into. However two years ago it ran a 12.7 before many many upgrades

Back