engine rebuild...

ALIENMAN

okay if you read the other thread i started you know that i am under the impression i will be tearing the motor apart....now the way i see it is i have so much into this car that i am already married to it so when i rebuild i might as well go all out.....What should i do internally and externally to this engine to give me some major hp and yet still stay around the $4000 mark for the rebuild....the labour is free cause i am doin it myself, but what will i need for sure.....

Healthy & Strong

You will want to upgrade your rods for strength. Get professional work done on your heads. Its expensive, but it is something that you will never regret! You can get a lot of HP with some good head work. Someone who specializes in SCs would probably be your best bet. You will need a good cam to go with those heads. I would also go with that high flow oil pump. Then is exhaust and intake.

The key to getting healthy HP out of your engine is opening it up and letting it breath. Intake, cam, heads, and exhaust.

Then you just need to make sure you make everything else strong enough to handle the HP. Make sure you replace all the head bolts and rod bolts with (NEW) stronger performance hardware. Im not sure about the bolts for your main caps, I would try to upgrade them also.

This is a good and healthy start. Everything else is gravy. Many of the other modifications need these changes for maximum potential.

I almost forgot. The stock fuel pump and injectors will work fine with this setup, but to maximize HP you will need to upgrade those as well.

Last edited:
Back