Change pads when changing warped rotors???

MarineMustanger

I have the KVR front brake upgrade kit w/PBR calipers and original size crossdrilled rotors. The rotors are now warped, but the pads are still good. I got some new brembo rotors to put on. Do you think I really need to get new pads since I'm putting new rotors on? If so, does anyone know which pads to get when oredering?......I know the PBR calipers were on the Cobras, Vette's etc, but they came in different pad thicknesses, depending upon application. I'm just not sure which ones where used by KVR for the kit.

Thanks.

I'd reuse the pads if they still have at least 3/16" of material left on them and were smooth. Rotor warping is not that bad of a problem if you deal with it. Visible channels and deep grooves though are a sign of sticky calipers and in that case, you should change the pads.

I've seen circumstances where the pads were actually the cause of the rotors warping. Retbesto's Quiet Stop ceramic pads are notorious for cracking and warping rotors on the Dakotas. I know I went through three sets of rotors from them before I stopped buying them.

Back