95' SC vs 91' Camaro z28 350

PearlBird

I have a 1995 SC with a aod. Its stock.
My friend has a camaro z28 auto with the 5.7 350.

Who will u bet ur money on in the 1/4 mile?

my son has taken several cameros with his lightly modded 90 auto. the only ones that give him problems are very late models, ls1 or lt1? this on a quarter mile track. the late models are not stock, i do not know about the older ones.

I'd put money on the sc as well.
Just an FYI- if your car is truly bone stock, then you dont have an aod, you have a 4R70W. Good luck with the race

How about this. I am getting new exhaust put on and a Cone Filter. I'm going high flow cats with 2.5 pipe to a maganflow muffler with 2 inlets one outlet. Then splitting it back into the 2.5 dual exhaust with 3 inch chrome tips. My friend with the camaro has flowmaster mufflers, thats all he has done to his car.

Now what will race day hold?

A 350 Auto Camaro runs high 14's stock. Like 14.7's I think. I had a 305 TPI car that ran 15.14 with just catback exhaust.

Raced him......lol

Well we finally raced and I hadn't got my exhaust in yet. I beat im but He isn't a very experienced racer. He got a real bad start off the line. 1.1 RT to my .560 RT my ET was 15.5 to his 15.6 so if he ever gota good start my *** would be handed to me =)

Actually, RT has nothign to do with ET. the reaction time is just the time it takes you to cross the beams that start the clock after the light turns green. He could have pulled the same reaction time, and you still woudl have won with a .1 sec better time. What were both of your 60' times? That's what will determine who got the better start.

14.6 in the 1/8 in an sc i would kill myself. 1/4 mile 14.64 at 90mph all stock except deleated cats deleated silensor and no mufflers and 12lbs of boost. The car is a 92 5-speed. All stock Sc should run high 14s if not then sorry but, your not driving it right.

check your facts, NO SC runs 14 anything stock. Your car is a factory freak if it ran that fast. How many hp does it take to make a 3800 # car run 14 seconds?

Jeff

Back