Gauge Cluster

darkstar_one

ANYONE CAN TELL ME HOW TO REMOVE THE GAUGE CLUSTER SO I CAN INSTALL SOME INDIGLO GAUGES I BOUGHT FOR MY 91 SUPER COUPE. THANX

It's pretty basic, just grab your toolbox and start taking the trim etc off. Begin by disconnecting your battery and then remove the headlight switch knob. Get the trim off and then you'll see the little torx screws that hold the cluster in.

If nuthin' else, check out the So Cal board. Plenty of members in the LA area, might be one right down the street from you that will come over and help.

good luck, show us pics when you're through.

'bird

Remove two retaining screws from cluster trim panel and remove trim panel.

Remove four cluster retaining screws.

Pull bottom of cluster toward steering wheel.

Reaching behind and underneath cluster, unplug two connectors. (For Supercharged vehicles, disconnect vacuum line for boost gauge).

Swing bottom of cluster out to clear top of steering column shroud and remove.

Attachments

• cluster.gif
    cluster.gif
    15 KB · Views: 151
MUCHAS GRACIAS SEÑORES

THANK YOU VERY MUCH I WILL PUT SOME PICTURES UP OF THE INDIGLOS WHEN I INSTALL THEM. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP.

Cluster Tips

When you remove the cluster, you'll have to twist and turn it a little so you can reach behind and remove the two wiring harness units and boost line. The grey wire clusters have clips at either side that you push inward to release - don't worry about reattaching correctly, they only go on one way. The boost gauge line just pulls off - grab it close to the rear of the gauge so you don't rip it.

All the gauges just pop out - EXCEPT - the boost/gas gauge.
There is a screw in the back that must be removed first.

To pry the needles off, I use a desert fork and gently pry upward till they pop off. Put a piece of heavy paper or fabric on the gauge face so you don't damage it. The tach gauge has three phillips #0 screws - remove them - there are little lock washers and nuts on the back. If not - you'll tear the face to shreds trying to get it off.

The gauge faces are glues on to the housing. You can gently pry them off, starting in one corner. I sometimes heat them slightly to soften the glue.

Don't forget to paint your needles so they show. Pull all the bulbs and either clean them or replace.

Also a good time to polish the clear cover or get a new one.

Good Luck.

Mark
'93 SC

Back