knocking

ALIENMAN

okay if i screwed a bearing or a wrist pin or sumthing internal in the engine would it still run fine and idle fine just with a loud knock....there is no smoke or nuthin from the exhaust.....could it be the harmonice balancer? i took all the belts off and the knock is still there but the intermitent squealing sound is not...just the knock now.....please help me....

Very possible

It's very possible to do damage to the bottom end and show nothing. The engine will run fine . I would say that if the noise it more noticable under load, or de or accelerating. During the on-off throttle is when a rod makes its presense known.

Don

it makes the same knocking sound whether it is idleing or when i give it gas (only faster) it isn;t any louder or quieter. when the belt is on it has an intermitent squealling that happens....

Did you rebuild the motor?
You did check all the clearances didnt you?
Yes you can have a rod knock and the engine otherwise seems OK or a wristpin or a piston slap. What all did you do to the engine?:confused: Need alot more info than what you gave.

the only things that have been done to the engine were timing cover gasket....water pump...head gaskets...that is all....and it was running without a knock for quite some time....

ya it was fine after the repairs for quite some time and then just the other day it started to knock so i haven';t drove it since.

I take it you replaced the HG's because they were leaking?
Did coolant leak into the crankcase?
Did you change the oil after you made the repaires?

If you change the head gasket.Did you have anti freeze
in the oil,before or during the head gasket change.

I f you got anti freeze in the oil because of a blown head
gasket .The bearings can go bad the next day or a month later.

rand

Back