My Transmission Came Off!!!!

darkstar_one

SO I TOOK OFF THE TRANSMISSION... BUT LITTLE DID I KNOW THAT I HAD TO REMOVE THE DAMN GAS TANK AND SOME OTHER STUFF TO TAKE OUT THE DRIVE SHAFT. WELL THE GAS TANK CAME OFF AND SO DID THE DRIVE SHAFT. AND THE TRANSMISSION CAME OFF WITH OUT A PROBLEM. THE ONLY PROBLEM WAS THAT THE CAR FELL OF THE JACK STANDS BECAUSE MY DRIVE WAY IS AT AN INCLINE BUT NO ONE WAS HURT. IT WAS KIND OF FUNNY THOUGH.

WELL THE TRANSMISSION IS BEING TAKEN AWAY FOR A REBUILD FOR $550 DOLLARS. IT SHOULD BE BACK IN A WEEK. IM GOING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE CAR AND REPLACE THE FUEL PUMP AND THE FUEL FILTER AND REPLACE SPARK PLUGS AND EVERYTHING.

ANYONE KNOW WERE TO GET A HIGH PERFORMANCE FUEL PUMP???

you're lucky, next time shake the car before you crawl under. If you are removing the tires for some reason its also a good idea to place the tires under the rocker panels incase it falls

You are LUCKY no one was hurt. And just for future reference I found it easier to lower the rear diff to remove the driveshaft instead of dropping the tank. Good luck though, I just put my transmission back in yesterday; it's a lot easier to put in than it is to take out

yeah my dad was all cursing at the car... he was saying that the engineers who designed the car must of been retarted or something... well it was kind of fast taking out the gas tank... the only thing that sucked was trying to pump out the remaining 5 gallons it had left... well the transmission leaves today and i wont see one back for another week... when it comes back i will try to post up videos of me blowing away some "street racers" or what ever they wanna call themselves.. bunch of posers anyway.... thanx for all your support

Ok dude, I think you need to get some kind of manual before you attempt to do ANYTHING else to the car.

YEY

the guy came and picked up the tranny and said 2 days and he will bring it back... oh yeah.. sooner then i expected... so by friday i should have my T BIRD burning out on the street again.... ahhh yes... cant wait man... thanx for all ur supports brotherens....

good luck, dont let the car come down again it'll really suck this time;) and a tranny jack really comes in handy when putting the trans in

BAD NEWS!!!

well the tranny guy called and said that my transmission totally disintergrated from the inside .... in other words there was nothing really left inside of it... he said that tommorow in the evening my tranny will be back and by thursday or friday evening it should be completely back on the car... yey... im so happy...

well thanx for all your support brotherengs...

OTHER BAD NEWS

ohh yeah one minor detail.. he also said that the tranny that came off my super coupe didnt belong there... its from another ford... and that it was missing some parts to with stand the pressure of the SUPER CHARGED ENGINE... i dont know.. any ideas people?

i never said he was charging me more... he just said that he checked the tranny and that it doesnt fit the one that should of been on the SC.. he is still charging us the same amount of money... which is 550 dollars...

yeah so my transmission came back...fully rebuild with awesome shift kit... bad *** new torque converter... oh yeah... cant wait to pop it in... man o man do i have a boner... thanx guys for all your help

Glad to hear your trans is about finished. Are you going to be doing anything else aside from the trans rebuild? I didn't have the heart to put those crappy downtubes back in place so I bought a set from tbird88, I also bought some bushings from mn12perf . Anyways- due to a crappy gasket I will be cranking over my sc tonight so we'll see how it goes. Good luck getting your sc back together.

well ima just pop back the tranny back in and ima give the SC a major tune up... ima see how the tranny handles...

Back