Rust

kenewagner

Are there repair or replacement body panels for SCs? I have severe rust just in front of the curbside wheel well down low. I have not seen any threads on body work for the SC. I also have a small patch on the top edge of the roadside wheel well. I just bought a new fiberglass hood and want to get the car painted and looking like all those cars on this web site

You can still source the parts from Ford. That's likely why you just don't hear about it. 89 up fenders, doors, rear quarters are the same up until like.. Hmm, don't know. At least 93. Maybe all the way.

So salvage yards are other places to look. The bottom edge of the front fender is a common place for rust due to the plastic piece used to cover the mounting bolts holds water and snow and dirt, promoting rust.

im assuming your referring to the rocker panals in front of the REAR wheels...... seems to be a common rust spot on these cars..... heres a pic of my rockers before and after a major repair last summer. They removed all the rust, and used heavy gauge steel to fill in the holes.

before

rust.jpg

and after

rocker.jpg

Back