Cooling system

iwannabacivilia

I have a 94 tbird sc, with a newly rebuilt engin. I mean the works.now the biggest problem i have is ceekipn it cool enough so that the knocker sensors won't activiate. actually what it is is that the engin is staying within the set perameters for normal run, but it's on the hot sid. This inturn creates the knocking effest, then the sensors compensate to cool of thoes clyenders it feels are too hot. What i need to know are some possible solutions, and or ways to bring the temp down a few degrees.

Thank you

Ben
:confused:

Bigger radiator?

A bigger radiator might solve your problem. Make sure your thermostat is functioning properly. Make sure your fan/s are working and or program them to come on at lower temps.

You may have a cooling problem though, like a blown HG. Even though the engine was freshly rebuilt something could have happened during the rebuild that compromised the Head gaskets.

Write more details.

i'm pretty shur i have the biggest raidiator that will fitin my engine compartment. The fan, i might be able to get a bigger one or get a custome hood, the thermostat is brand new, i'll check it again. wait, is there a way to increase the ammount of air passing throuhg the raidiator? right now hall the a ir flow is through 2 small ports near the bottom of the car, and a little air on the "grill" so to speak. now it's going to be tough to get to the head gaskets, lots of crap in the way. i know it's not a blown HG, there is no water leaks. Now i always thought that if you let your thermostat open up earlier all it does is heat the water up faster. I know in my car that in about 15 min(i'm just makine a big guess here) my thermostat is fully open, that is if it's a really hot out. I could be way off though. I'll try thoes suggestions to see if that helps.

Thanks

Ben

Back