355's or 373's.......?

Do you do a lot of highway driving? The only thing that I find, is that when you get up in speeds the 3.73's rev high. But on the other hand in town they are great. It makes the cars seem lighter, more responsive.
Steve J.

3.73 on AOD, 3.55 on 4r70W, 3.27/3.08 on m5r2. the rpms dont vary that greatly withthe 3.73 on the AOD im assiming you have so they work fine on the highway. i had 3.73 on my 4r70w with shorter tires and it still wasnt that big of a jump even with our lower 1st gear ratio.

Put em in! I've driven a 5 speed with 3.73s and even on the highway, it's not that great an RPM difference. The only thing is, that engine better be set up to rev over the stock 4500-5000 RPM range, or you're wasting your time. The car I've driven can pull 7000RPM no problem, so 3.73s suit it well.

Chris

I'm gunna try my 3.27 first, just a simple pumpkin swap, and during that time, i'm gunna have the 3.73's put into my original pumpkin along with a rebuild kit. I'll post some time slips between the two when I get a chance to try. Should be interesting.

Back