Weekend Meet-up?

T1Bird

After being down in the falls this past Sunday and meeting the locals around there, they want a chance to meet up and put some faces to the board names.. Although I didnt attend last year myself, I think Hutchs (Sp?) would be a good place to meet up for afternoon lunch then maybe a cruise for pictures of the cars?.

I'm thinking either August 23/24? trying to see if there is any interest in it or if im just typing babble. If you think your game, say what day is best for you or if either will work.

Hope I'm not causing any trouble Ed, Les, or Bill... just figured would be cool to get some stuff going before that white crap blows in..

anyway just a thought,

Bruce,

There is nothing wrong with an unofficial meet now and again. If you want to help organize something official that will be emailed to all members, and stuck to the top of the forum, you'd have to email one of us directly.

Otherwise, you are free to do as you please. We've been talking about doing a Hutches meet for quite some time this year, so it's just a matter of making it happen when people are available. We only have 4 true weekends left this summer, so we do have to get moving on stuff like this.

I'm hoping to have a night racing event at St. Thomas one Saturday later this month (6-10pm, $15 to race).

Yeah Hutches will be fun. I think if we could meet up in the afternoon, then we coul deat walk the beach with thw wife, GF, whatever. As for a cruz for pics, naw, why not do that later?

Like I said yes I'm in for a Hutches meet. Either day is good, I guess.:rolleyes:

Hutch's would be good to go to again ... that weekend I may be up north, but don't let that stop the rest of you from getting together. The next few weekends in August are going to be busy for me between the car show here, and a couple of track events to instruct at.

cheers
Ed N.

Like Ed, I've got other obligations the weekend of August 23/24. We've had a campsite booked for that weekend for quite some time now, and I can't change it.

...But don't worry 'bout me. I think you guys will have a great time at Hutch's!

Cheers,

Sean

I suppose we can start some kind of poll, one weekend vs another, but not choosing between all 4. I won't be available for this event either, but once everyone agrees on a date, you can feel free to do what you want from there.

If the 23/24 works for the majority, and the guys from Niagara Falls, then that should work. Let me know, and I'll post something official.

Keep in mind we still need room for a Saturday night track event, and a Sunday BBQ at Coleman's as a minumum for the rest of August. The go-karts we can likely do during the week. I haven't forgotten!

Last edited:
well I hoped for the common people on the board to show up, so as stated do the poll on what weekend is good for everyone.

Bruce,

Do you want this during the day or at night?

Do you want this on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday? (we did Friday night last year with much success).

Let me know, as other events are being planned at different times. Check out the newest threads stuck to the top.

Thanks.

"Where ever, whenever...." Sorry, just saw Shakira's video, don't know what got into me. :rolleyes: Perhaps a phone call to Huches would provide which night is least busy? (ie, Friday vs. Sat.) Might be a good idea to avoid Sunday, however.....cottage-ers. Probably a looong drive home (not only in a 4.6, ha ha).

Shakira...hmmm, the way she moves those hips you'd get a severe case of friction burn Andrew, it would end up lookin like
a burnt matchstick. :p :D

It's too bad were gonna end up going to Hutche's and Sean isn't
going to be able to make it after him trying to get us over there
all summer.

thatd be a good weekedn for me no sooner though id like to have my bird ready or at least driveable! so i can bring it

all primered lol

I feel a friday night might be the best if not saturday. As well I feel maybe we should look at having more then one meet out that way.

Off topic, I know, but Shakira hails from Barranquilla, Colombia. That's the city that I traveled to this past Spring! :D

Cheers,

Sean

Hey guys,

If you want to do this the weekend of the 23/24, I would have to vote for Friday night, or Sunday, because I have to work that Saturday. Even Saturday evening would be okay, but I imagine you all want to go for the afternoon. I'll keep an eye on this thread and let you know if I can go.

Kendra

Back