Popping from exhaust ???

blksc

Im getting some popping from my exhaust and i wasnt sure if it was the engine missing. Im running old plugs that im gonna change soon, but just wondered what else might make the cars exhaust pop ? Im also getting a funny smell (not like rotten eggs) from the front of the car when the throttle is pressed any ideas ?

My 89sc had popping noises from the exhaust when I broke the HB. The crank sensor wasnt picking up the HB teeth all the time.
Just an idea for u to check?

Doug

Hmm okay yea that is an area to check. how did you determine that you had broke the HB ?

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26993

Im not saying its ur problem but my HB made my car do strange things and make odd noises. Like Popping sounds from the exhaust. Just check the bolt that hold ur HB tight to the crank, mine broke off. Then after the HB broke it was moving in and out enough to lose contact with the crank sensor. Im finding that these SC'S do bizzare things. And there are no two problems alike. Its just a guessing game untill the end.

hope this is helpful
Doug :confused:

OH yea that is worth checking out. I suspect my DIS or coil pack to be the problem. Im thinking of re applying the head material, but im unsure if the 94 SC used heat sink grease

Back