How to install transgo shift kit?

SlinginBeauty

I have recently boughten a 90 SC and am interested in purchasing the trans go shitf kit. My pro is that i don't know too much about how to work on cars. How do you install. It comes with a video but is it still pretty easy? and do i need any specal tools? And how does it fully work, both in od and d? If anyone can give me any ideas on what i need to do to install it would be appreciated.:)

If you are not famaliar with auto trannys and valve bodies then do yourself a favor....pay someone with experience to do it.The video makes it look easy but if you are on your back,under the car,it's very time consuming...plus the video and the printed directions don't match up.....but,if you feel that you want to give it a try,go for it.....just go slow,give yourself plenty of time...pay attention to the directions...it would be good if you had someone w/ experience to help though.
Good luck,
z
just my .02.....from experience

Bill Evanoff at SCP says he's heard that the Art Carr kit is better for the AOD, & the Trans Go is better for the AOD E.
z90sc & I did mine on my '95 4R70W & had our share of problems. I had to lower the pan & VB 4 times before finally getting it working right this afternoon. Problem was that we had removed the O/D servo by mistake, & when we put it back in we didn't align the servo with the band. Not sure if your tranny is similar to mine on the inside since it's an AOD. As far as paying someone hourly to do it, after taking mine apart 4 times, I got it down to about 4 hours this afternoon. So I figure a pro might be able to do the whole thing in 4 or 5 hours? Just a guess. Neither of us had ever torn into a tranny before, & it was a good learning experience. Like Z said, follow the directions closely. If money's not an issue (& if you're not overly stubborn like I am!) then pay someone to do it. Especially if you're not experienced at working on cars in general. I'm glad I did it myself, though, & I'm really happy with the results.

Good luck!
Mike

Back