89 SC 5sp Stolen Last night!!!!!!!!!!!!

garmo

Titanium, Zenon rear wing, Black letters on the rear bumper,
Futura 235.55.16 tires, dark tinted windows, Says "If it aint blown it sucks" on the tail light. AZ Plate 812 DMF. Please keep an eye out........

Right out of my driveway!!!!!!!! Didn't hear a thing.
Sometime between 8pm and 6:30 am. My doors were locked and I have all my keys...My brother-in-law got his turbo beetle stolen the night before at his house. He's over on Deer Valley and 27th ave. I'm at 19th Ave and T-bird. Just never think it's going to happen to you........

number

I do quite a bit of driving here during the day so is there a number you can be reached if I spot it?

Chuck

Call 911 and tell them the plate # and where it is at........

They will get a hold of me from there. Thanks for another set of eyes though!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about this. I will keep an eye out for it in Tempe and the east valley. I'll let my friends know and have them keep a look out around their shops.

I'm in Scottsdale/Phoenix at the moment but will be back down to Sierra Vista tomorrow evening. Will keep an eye out as well.

Paul

just hope you didn't forget and leave your gun in it overnight ;-)

Not yet............

I should get my offer tommorow.....My brother-in-law got his offer today. He had his turbo beetle stolen the night before mine....They gave him a fair deal but it still didn't pay it off. At least I'll have money in my pocket to fix up the freebee 35th.......

Alarm System

Man that doesn't sound like a good area to leave your car out. I have a couple friends that are installers for car audio and alarms. They have been installing alarm systems for friends of mine for $100. This includes the alarm and a professional install. Chuck got one installed by them. Let me know if you are interested.

My neighborhood is fine. It's been parked in the driveway for 3 years with no problems. Theives just try different areas and I was the lucky one. Alarms aren't all that. more of a pain than anything else. That's what insurance is for. I've come to realize that material possesions are replaceable and if I had known that it was being stolen yea never no what kind of crook you got. If I had went out to catch him I could also be dead!!!

On a lighter note I picked up another aniversery car for $750!!! Got all the parts I need. I'ts great to start on a new project.....

Alarms can help

I just want to help you from getting your car stolen again even if it only cost you $750. It's a big pain in the ***.

The alarm is just a deterrent. Thieves don't want to mess with a car that is going to bring the owner out of the house with a shotgun either. If you think alarms are a pain, just hook up a fake alarm with an LED or get a club or similar device that makes it difficult to steal. You can also try motion sensor lights outside your house.

Insurance companies will usually only give you what the going value of the car is. They won't replace the cost of modifications and time and effort put into making it your own. Plus even though it isn't your fault, they can raise your rates based on a claims history.

Well this will take exception here. They gave me way more than I paid for it even with mods....In fact they have paid more than it is worth in two claims alone for this car over the last two years and now they have to pay again. And because they know the condition of the car (i.e. pictures and receipts) I am now car payment free, was given another SC by a fellow SC'r and bought a parts car for said SC. I'm a happy man.......and money left over to make it my own again. Wife isn't happy though, she is still SCless.......

Glad to hear things are looking up Gary.

We got the SilverBird fired up this weekend. It still needs some odds and ends to be done yet. The tuner had a prob, but Rich over at NM12 has been great about it and I may get the 1st 500 miles on it this coming weekend if my luck stays good. :rolleyes:

Think you'll have your 35th ready for Nov?

Lee

Should have most of it done with the exception of paint and maybe getting the front seats redone. I've ordered headlights, clear corners, zenon wing, silver glow gauges, have all the parts from the parts car (windshield, rear bumper skin, fender with emblem, turn signal switch, idler pulleys..this one had metal ones,I have the front bumper skin from my old one that I'm fixing, and then I still need to order gauge pod and guages, front and rear windshield trim, door weatherstripping, trunk weatherstripping, ZR intake, and the list goes on...........

Garmo, guy on so-cal board says the car is identical 'cept for the "if it aint blown " on the tail light which i'm sure was removable :confused:

Oh yea......

They found my brother-in-laws turbo beetle, 4 miles from his house and completely stripped, engine and all......just an egg shell left.

Back