PDA

View Full Version : SCCoA Join Questions/Issues

gldiii
08-05-2003, 10:30 AM
Join the SCCoA at:

Join the SCCoA (http://www.sccoa.com/join.php)

Post any questions about memberships here in this thread.

92strokedbird
08-05-2003, 10:37 AM
Are there going to be issues of charging thunder,what does the membership include.

gldiii
08-05-2003, 10:54 AM
At this time, there will be no issues of Chargin' Thunder. We hope to start it again in some format, but no dates have been set.

The membership fee was set so low because at this time it will only include access to member only areas (once they are setup in a few months) and member discounts from vendors. It always gives the person a chance to participate in the new democratic process that will result in an elected slate of officials for the club by 1/1/2005.

I have cut and pasted below the Announcements post I made sometime back to give you a little more information on the new directions for the club:

SCCoA Directions (5/12/03)

I want to thank all of you for being so patient during this time of club transition. The transaction to purchase the club has been completed with Bill and Patty Evanoff and I now own the club. Thanks also go out to the Evanoffís for giving me this opportunity. We were all pretty honest with each other during the negotiations and I think we all learned a great deal about different perspectives people have on the same transaction! It also appears that we are still able to speak to each other. I wish them continued success with Super Coupe Performance and also welcome them here as SCCoA members and Super Coupe owners. Iím also expressing a sense of gratitude for how far along they have brought the club for all of us here today.

Now where do we go? I still have plans to setup the SCCoA as a non-profit company and start collecting dues. We will start out at least for the foreseeable future having only individual memberships at $15 per individual per year. Ron DiPaola and I will be working out the details for collection of that money. Iíll post details as soon as they are worked out. Hopefully, we will also be collecting dues at the Carlisle event.

What do you get for the $15? You will get access to any of the discounts we have with vendors. You will also get the new Charginí Thunder when it becomes available, most likely later this year. Most importantly, youíll get a chance to put in your two cents worth about the future direction and eventually how this club will be run. We will also soon have a memberís only section of the board. Donít worry, weíll keep enough of the forums available to guests so they may become interested enough to join us.

I will be receiving the membership lists back to the beginning of the SCCoA, so any member that wishes to keep their old number may do so. Brand new members will get numbers beginning with a new sequence. We will also only allow members to have their personal avatars and titles. Hey, with membership, come privileges!

The accounting for all the clubís finances will also be posted and maintained back to 1/1/2003. Our major expense is the website hosting that is currently $150 a month ($1,800 a year). We also have some software upgrade expenses and recurring expenses for the domain name. There will also be some legal fees to setup the non-profit status for the club. A more detailed list of expenses will be maintained on the board at a later date. Iíll also be recouping the monies I spend to purchase the club. Eventually, weíll be able to decide as a group how club funds should be spent.

Some new posting rules will also be published. I have promised to work with the current set of moderators (for a long time now) to work out a set of rules. We actually have a very good group of people that visit the boards, so the rules will probably only impact the small percentage of people that just cannot get along with people anywhere!

Ron DiPaola has agreed to stay on as Webmaster, even after having to work with me over the last several months. Big THANKS to Ron, as we would have no website or forums without all his hard work. He has also made us some very useful tools like the parts listings and members page update screens.

I am striving to have SCCoA elections for officers to be in place by 1/1/2005. It will take a lot of work to make it by then. I cannot promise what kind of official structure will be used by the club, but all members that want to, will have a chance to have a say in what it will become.

I also have some other irons in the fire that I can hopefully report on very soon.

As always, Iím asking for quite a bit of trust from the membership until we can get things going. I know that I am slow, but things always take more time than I plan for, especially when you cannot control everything and you have to take a second real job just to pay the bills! I hope that everyone can tell we are still going in the direction that I first set out in back so many months ago. Everyone will not agree with everything that goes on, but at least youíll know what I did and why I did it!

SeanMatteson
08-05-2003, 11:21 AM
George,

What do members of the TBSCEC need to do in order to have their membership transferred to the SCCoA? Just back in May of this year I contributed $20 for a membership renewal with that club, and under the terms of the merger I am assuming that at least $15.00 worth of this can be transferred as my membership dues for the new SCCoA for this year.

Also, I would prefer to keep my old SCCoA member number. What do I need to do to make that happen?

Thanks,

Sean

gldiii
08-05-2003, 11:54 AM
Sean, you'll have to watch the TBSCEC site or your email for notification of membership conversion. I know the calculations have been completed for existing TBSCEC members and you should be receiving an email about how many months of SCCoA membership you'll be receiving for your remaining TBSCEC membership.

Once that is done, you'll just need to complete the membership form and we'll get you fixed up. On that membership form (see link above) you can list your preference for keeping your old number.

SeanMatteson
08-05-2003, 01:55 PM
That's great! I'll keep an eye out for the notification via the TBSCEC. Thanks for the prompt response, George.

Cheers,

Sean

kamakazie_1
08-05-2003, 02:03 PM
Congrats George, glad to finally see it out there. I'm done, and keep up the good work guys!!

Good luck..

RJ

Jason Wild
08-05-2003, 08:46 PM
I was just going to ask what the TBSCEC but I see Sean all ready did so I will be wating as well for that message.
Thanks George for all the hard work you have been doing.

iwannanSC
08-05-2003, 10:54 PM
For the really important question: Will I recieve an SCCoA window sticker with my membership? I'll be joining regardless of the answer. Keep up the good work,

Matt

gldiii
08-06-2003, 11:27 AM
At this time (and at that dues price), we are not including any stickers or memberhsip cards. At a later date, we may send items to members or at least make them available for sale.

gldiii
08-18-2003, 10:38 AM
The memberhip has been going pretty well. As of today, we have had a total of 80 people join the club. I received 13 applications in the mail and 67 through PayPal.

This number does not include any of the transferred TBSCEC membership. Those member's status should be resovled over the next couple of weeks. Ron DiPaola is also working on copying the TBSCEC boards to the new member area. I'll announce the time schedule for that copy at a later date.

This week, I'll be sending out confirmations and member numbers via email.

Thanks again to all who are supporting our new club efforts! I really appreciate it.

SeanMatteson
08-18-2003, 12:11 PM
George,

Just so you know...

I am an incredibly impatient ~~~ ;), and so even though I have yet to receive any information or instructions from Duffy and the crew with the TBSCEC in this regard, I went ahead and submitted my membership application online. I have not submitted payment via PayPal or through snail-mail, as I should have around a year's worth being transferred from the TBSCEC.

...I just hope that I don't get lost in the shuffle now, and so I thought I'd better mention this to you.

Best regards,

Sean

gldiii
08-18-2003, 03:56 PM
Sean, I think I have a good understanding for your level of patience! LOL

For all TBSCEC members that want to continue on with SCCoA membership, please wait until you get the email from the TBSCEC stating what your membership transfer months will be. This will simplify my life (and others) greatly to not have to deal with refund transactions.

You currently are not missing anything and no one is getting ahead of you by waiting for the TBSCEC information. I know it is in the works and should be out soon.

SeanMatteson
08-18-2003, 05:29 PM
LOL!

...My apologies, George.

Best regards,

Sean

gldiii
08-25-2003, 09:52 AM
As of this morning we have 81 members through PayPal and another 22 from snail mail. These numbers still do not include the converted TBSCEC members that will joining.

I am in the process of matching all these people up with old member numbers or assigning new numbers. (New member numbers will begin at #2001.) This process has taken longer than expected! I'll finally be sending out confirmation of payment received and member numbers later this week.

JJanney
09-25-2003, 05:28 PM
How is everything going? Just interested in what's going on with the memberships. If there is a another thread about this, let me know. Thanks!

gldiii
09-26-2003, 04:54 AM
It's been going pretty well. The response to starting up membership again has been tremendous. I'm behind in notifications as always, but I'm trying to catch up this weekend. I'll post an update member count ealy next week.