rattels and vibrates whole car

creeperxr7

guys i still cant figure out the problem iv been having. WHEN MY CAR HITS AROUND 2100 TO 2500 RPMS AROUND THEIR IT WILL START A RATTLE THE WILL SHAKE MY WHOLE CAR . IN DRIVE AROUND 50 TO 55 IN OVER DRIVE 70 TO 75 MPH OR SO. BUT IF IM ANYTHING UNDER THAT IT WILL RUN SMOOTHER THAN COASTING DOWN HILL ON A 10 SPEED. someone told me to install a exuast vibration dampner but ford doesnt make it anymore.. car never did that till i changed the cats and resonator from anther bird.. any help .... sorry about the long post just wanted to give the best descrpition... thanks before hand to every body

Are the cats and resonator the same as the ones you replaced?

Hello there. My questions to you are; is the exhaust parts you replaced are the same as the original ones you replaced? Are they mounted firmly and properly? I believe someone should have some knowledge to where to acquire a exhaust vibration dampener from somewhere.

Sounds more like a drivetrain vibration. Check u joints first, then maybe even look at dampner. If whole car shakes then something is off big time.

I have read where the bolts back out on the driveline where it attaches to the rear end and causes the car to vibrate like crazy.

If it's rpm specific, it should be from the torque convertor forward (engine, exhaust, etc). If it was speed specific, it would be from the TC back (transmission, driveshaft, rear end).

Does it do this in neutral at that same rpm range?

-Rod

my car at idle gigles around a little and the shifter shakes a good amount. should i check my U joints?

No, the U-joints will have nothing to do with your symptoms (rough idling while the car is stationary). Does the rpm actually fluctuate when it "giggles" or does it just seem like the car is shaking roughly? You may want to take a look at your motor mounts if your engine is running fine.

-Rod

yea it runs good. might be the exhaust i put downtubes on and had to mess with the 3rd cat and maybe it a little stiff and making the car shake. i think i need to change the diferential mount because i get a cluck when trying to put it in gear sometimes

problem solved. what it was i dont know. what i did first was seperate the exhaust at the resonator. loosend the bolts that go from the tranny mount to the extension housing. then loosend the crossmember bolts and nut retighten the bolts to torque converter and flywheel. and messed around with all the exhuast hanger. my goal was to try to nuetralize my whole exhuast system for the transmission to be aligned straight with the shaft.... tighten my tranny mount then crossmember. left the transmission jacked up tighten the exhaust components and heat shields also rotated drive shaft 180* degrees from the position it was in started her up and no more rattling. thank god . shes smooth again ///////////// just posted procedure in case any body has the same problem thank for your guys suggestion took every one into consideration...

Back