won't idle

sho taurus

i have a 91 super coupe and it's having idle problems.we figured out it was a intake gasket leaking so we replaced all the intake gaskets and o rings on injectors.the way we figured out it was intake gasket was by spraying carb cleaner around the intake and idle speeded up.bolts on the intake were loose when we replaced the gaskets.but anyway it's still doing it and it kinda seems like the blower is somehow doing it now when we spray carb cleaner.is this possible?is there gaskets on the blower maybe i should replace?and i did put a new gasket on that back blower flange.the one with the three holes and oval shaped center.but i don't think that is it cuz even when u spray the cleaner around the back of the blower it speeds up and i don't think there is a blower gasket in the back.the blower comes apart in front right?back of blower is all one piece correct?if anyone could please help me out...thanx sho :confused:

Last edited:
cold it idles fine but as soon as it warms up idle's rough and shakes then if it sits there for about 1 minute just shuts off.starts right back up but still runs rough and shuts off.it idles low and shuts off rather.if u spray carb cleaner around the super charger it idles up.

Well, from the statement "if u spray carb cleaner around the super charger it idles up", I would say that you have a "vacuum leak" problem. If you can't find gaskets for the application, use a thin coating of (sensor safe) RTV Sealant on the connections. Also seal the SC top, I/C tube connections at the SC and I/C.

i sprayed it on the top and didn't idle up.maybe it is one of the vacuum line ends leaking but what is weird if u spray on both sides of blower it idles up only places it doesn't idle up is in front of blower and on top.damn this car! lol and what sensors are u speaking of with the rtv?

The "sensor safe" note refers to a particular type of RTV. I don't know the specific difference in the chemical makeup of the product, but I have always heard that "sensor safe" sealant should be used for applications involving air intake and vacuum. Maybe some of the "non-sensor safe" sealers release chemicals that damage electronic components. If you look at all the tubes of gasket sealer in your local parts house, you will find several types of Permatex RTV that indicate "sensor safe" on the package.
The connections around the SC, I/C tubes and I/C are notorius for leaking, so even with a gasket, a little RTV is a good idea.

If you can get the car over to my house I'll try to help you track it down...email me: zdance1@hotmail.com........I'm the guy w/ the red SC that you talked to at FFW in Richmond........
z

?

Nothing has shown up in my mailbox.........but I had mail returned that was sent to your yahoo account,says :
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554 delivery error: dd Sorry, your message to
sho_taurus1111@yahoo.com cannot be delivered. This account is over quota. -
mta132.mail.scd.yahoo.com

may need to clear your mailbox/folders.....
z

Back