fan not working

90xr7

well the other day i noticed my car was running fairly hot so i checked things out and it turns out my fan is not coming on like it used to. my fan used to start running the minute i turned the key, i assumed this was becuase i have a chip in my car(so i've been told but im not too sure cause its not that fast.) anyways now my fan no longer turns on with the key. i disconnected the plug at the fan and checked for current but found nothing. although since there are 3 prongs i dont know what does what. so if anybody could help me trouble shoot this or tell me which fuses/relays or whatever to check it would be greatly appreciated.
my used to run right at the N and never move but now it gets up a bit past the M.

thanx devan

I had a the clutch go out on my TEMPO one time the eec would tell it to turn on but it would not because it was burnt. Had to replace the whole fan. The Fan is turned off and on by the eec through the Ecm (ircm) this is a realy that also opperates many other things. It is located behind passenger headlight and has 24 pins on it two of the pins are for the fan not sure which ones . It seems to be a common prob. This control module is quite pricey. 140 to a 180 bucks .

On the connector the black wire is ground. The Brown wire with Yellow stripe is low speed winding. The Brown Wire with Orange stripe is high speed winding.

Twelve volts to one of the two brown wires will engage different fan speeds. If both do that, then it isn't the fan motor.

Here is the wiring diagram from my 89. Should be very similar.

coolingfanwiring.JPG

Back