View Full Version : What is this little thing...

08-07-2003, 01:49 PM
somebody tell me what is this thing on the pic that i attached... the blue arrow is pointing to it..

MIKE 38sc
08-07-2003, 02:02 PM
Its the test port on the fuel rail.You can hook up fuel pressure gauge there to check fuel pressure.

08-07-2003, 02:04 PM
but can i hook up a fuel pressure gauge in a gauge pod inside the car and connect it there? or how will that work

Joisey Jim
08-07-2003, 02:47 PM
You can, but you want a gauge that converts the fuel pressure to an electrical signal. Absolutely don't want a 30-60psi fuel line routed into the passenger compartment. Last time I looked at AutoMeter the signal converter/sensor for a 0-60 psi gauge was too big to place directly on that (schraeder) valve & I didn't want to chance running a short fuel line over to say the inner fender where the sensor could be mounted. However, if you can find the right offset fitting to place the sensor clear of the supercharger collar you could have a winner.

08-07-2003, 02:47 PM
If your fuel pressure gauge has a sending unit, you can remove that schraeder valve from the fuel rail and put your sending unit there. Once the valve is out, you may need an adapter to put in the sending unit. The hole size is 1/16" NPT, a lot of sending units are 1/8" NPT.

08-07-2003, 08:41 PM
Man...Iwas gonna tell him to turn on the car and press it to find out:eek: :eek: GAS!!... Man im an a$$