255FI Fuel pump, need part #'s.

V8Supercoupe

I have the 255FI fuel pump, I need the part numbers of the items needed to install. I think it is only the sock# I need. I may be forgetting other things, so if I overlooked anything else feel free to provide those part numbers as well!

thanks,
Skip

The T-Bird specific sock is Ford # E9SZ-9A011-B.

Do you have a new o-ring seal ? Metal lock ring ? Those are E1VZ-9417-B, and E6AZ-9C385-A.

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

My Hero Ed!

Always right on the ball with answers!
Thank man, and no I did not have the other parts listed either.

Skip

No offense to Ed who has helpfully provided the part # here, but you may want to shop around for that sock. When I did this a few years back, the local Ford dealers wanted some ridiculous amount (like $25) for that sock, but I was able to find one for about $3 from a parts store. Maybe your local Ford dealers will have a more reasonable price!

Here is an aftermarket number I saved a while back:

Fuel sock filter (tank) Airtex FS141 (At local auto parts store)

Just be sure they don't try to sell you the Mustang one:

fuelflt1.jpg

You want the one on the right side of the picture.

Rob Noth said:
No offense to Ed who has helpfully provided the part # here, but you may want to shop around for that sock. When I did this a few years back, the local Ford dealers wanted some ridiculous amount (like $25) for that sock, but I was able to find one for about $3 from a parts store. Maybe your local Ford dealers will have a more reasonable price!

None taken Rob ... usually when I look something up here that is a ridiculous price, that I know can be ordered cheaper from an aftermarket or other alternate source, I'll give the customer that option ... sometimes OE Ford parts are a great deal, other times the prices are just stupid. :rolleyes:

cheers
Ed N.

Back