Rotating MAC cai 90 degrees.....

speedyg

For those of you that have the MAC cold air intake tube and have rotated the MAF housing 90 degrees to avoid the turbulance from the bend. Which way are you rotating it? Counterclockwise from the front of the car? What results have you had? Is there even a change? Also how did you physically do this? Anyone have pics? My rad overflow tank seems to be in the way of the harness if I were to rotate the MAF housing. Thanks for any replies

Brandon 1991 5spd

This post is really old, but im thinking of grabbing a mac cai for 90 shipped, unless you guys talk me out of it. I wanna knwo about the rotating thing? And if anyone still runs these things.

Tyler

To turn or not to turn...

Hey Tyler.
I recently purchased a CAI similar to the MAC and was about to post the exact same question.
There's got to be some people out there running CAI's on their SC's.
I have read posts that said thay had trouble and others said that they had no trouble at all.
I have seen only one picture (not sure who) with the MAF rotated toward the engine.
Anybody?

I have a MAC intake on my 90, and dont SEEM to have any problems. I have never had it on a dyno, or on the track to see the difference. The car runs fine. Only other mod to the engine is straight pipes. MAF is in it's original position. I also heard about the rotating trick, but havn't messed with it yet. JJ

With the sensor at the top, call that the ZERO position. I rotated mine in 45 deg increments, and found that on the dyno, the best result(for my car) was at 45 deg, towards the motor. It picked up 3HP. But it just hits the hood felt crap.

Back