Easiest way to remove condensor???

SCboost

I'm removing my A/C as much as possible for some cooler running temps. Do I need to remove my front bumper to get the condensor out? Or can I drop it from the bottom? I removed all A/C lines. And I will later be trying to replace the A/C compressor with just a pulley. Do I need to remove the radiator? Thanks again guys. Steve.

He's right. Pull the fan and radiator. There's two brackets bolted to the top of the radiator support that hold the condensor in.

You do need the special tool to pull the fittings apart. I picked a pair of them up at NAPA for like $12. They cover every size of fitting on the car.

ac lines

SCBoost, how did you remove the ac lines? Did you cut them right next to the fire wall, or did you use one of those seperaters? Is it hard to pull everything out from behind the dash? Lots of question, sorry. I am looking into doin this also, but i want to salvage the ac to hook someone up who wants it. Gracias

unfortunately i just cut the lines. i am not ready to get the stuff out of the dash. i will later on. that's a big project i think. sorry i couldn't help more. i'm just trying to clean up my engine compartent. and make plugs and wires easier to do. sorry. steve.

It is real fun pulling the the stuff under the dash. Especialy if you put all of the dash and console back in. You might as well pull all of the duct as well if it is for the track.

Last edited:
Back