pls help with vacuum lines

Brianas

i was taking things apart today to put the new magnum powers blower +plenum and stuff on. now heres what i found-the metal line coming off the pcv was just hanging not connected behind the plenum and there was a thick rubber line coming off the metal tube (exhaust to egr) that was plugged into the plenum. and also there was a small grey box next to the egr with wires going into it and a spout on the bottom- but nothing was connected to it. Now this stuff has been like this since my motor was built and put it-- and ive had a rough idle and low vacuum(12-14) since
some one know where these lines r supposed to go?
thanks for any help
Josh

What year is your car? It sounds like the EGR valve has been deleted? The metal tube goes from your passenger side exhaust and should have the EGR valve on top of it and attach to the inlet plenum. The grey box has a high heat silicone hose that goes to the egr tube below the egr valve. A vaccum hose attaches to the top of the EGR valve. I have read where a lot of SC owners have deleted the EGR valve. MIne is functional with the Magnum Powers plenum but is a bear to take off when doing maintenance.

Also from your description the Passenger side PCV valve is unplugged and would be a source of a vacuum leak like you describe. it plugs in to the line you found disconnected.

thanks for the info
its a 90 sc spd
any way the egr is still there and connected
so that hose from the eshaust should go to the grey box not the plenum
what about the pcv tube --does that plug to the plenum?
thanks Josh

Right on both accounts. Do a search and you should be able to find more details.

My SC is also a 90 5 speed car. I will be taking mine apart in the next few days to correct my lifter preload and change the header gaskets that may be leaking. If I think of it I will take couple pictures to show how I have it plumbed. I got my Plenum used so it had most of the fitting already except I had to add the EGR adapter.

Back