Some Oil In Lower Intercooler Tube

wwwtbirdforumcom

I will be putting a sompletely new (rebuilt) supercharger back on the 90 sc this weekend - While doing the dam plugs I had the idea that if I took off the lower IC tube that the plugs would have been easier. But of course that job looked to had to do so I scrapped that idea -

However - when I loosened the lower IC tube bracket some oil dripped out of it (maybe like 40 - 50 drops, estimated) - is the oil from the bad supercharger that was removed (I hope so) what would the cause of the oil be from....

thanks in advance...

sincerely

birdman

I too have oil in the bottom of IC. Isn't the whole idea of a PCV valve to let pressure out of the crankcase, YET keep the oil inside?

Anybody ever mount the PCV line to the inlet plenum or something AFTER the IC tubes to avoid this? Hmmm.

Yes but as that oil FOG condenses in the SC's long intake ducting it returns to solid oil state, If the intake tract wasnt as long as it is the oil fog would be pulled into the combustion chamber and burnt before it had a chance to condense back to oil and accumulate.
Its just perfectaly normal for this type of setup.
Bob you cant hook the PCV system up that way. The side youre talking about is pressurized by boost, the PCV has to have vac to work.

Last edited:
Back