Car Died-Ignition or Starter? HELP

NorthrnSCownr

So,
I left my trunk open the other day and drained the battery. I jumped it yesterday and drove arouynd and recharged it. Today I left the lights on for 20 minutes(accidentally of course) without realizing it. When I went to start her up at first i got a dying battery response. Then I got a very fast clicking -ttttttttttttttt- with a turn of the key. I turned the key off and tried again, and suddenly the alarm started to go off (WTF) and I couldn't shut it off with the key in/out/on/off-door open/closed it didnt matter.
Finnally that drained the battery. I got a jump, showed signs of life, but it wouldn't turn over, and there is no clicking at all. Just dead air.
Whats going on? Help needed please.:(

sounds like a dead or old battery to me
i would start by replacing the battery with a quality new one
its normal for it to click when there is not enough juice to start it
if this does fix I guess you should ckeck the starter and then the alternator.btw--the starter is actaully easy to replace--on the 5spd any way
g/l

Yeah dead battery. Ive had that happen on several different cars. You take a weak battery and drain it dead like you accidentaly did and that finish's it off.

BATTERY!

Just swaped the good one from my van and ...yes it was the battery. Thanks guys great to know I can count on you.
Cheers to SCCOA!!
Tom

Back