Accumulator...BOOM!!

lessonintorque

So I let an ***hole drive my SC that was my first mistake. I let him get on it a bit but he underestimated the SC and scared himself so he tried stomping the brakes to slow down quickly and I smelled burning brake fluid:( Now my question is whats the part number (its an 89) and now my idle is off like I have a vacuum leak. Is it my blown brake system causing it? I apprieciate your input. thanks, im still learning:rolleyes: .

No your brake problem is not related to you idle problem.
You more than likely either have a vac leak or the IAC is bad or both at the same time. Check for vac leaks first, thats the cheapest.......its FREE!!!!!!

Edit: Shame on you for allowing a non beleiver to drive the SC...Too much bad karma can come from that.

Last edited:
I'm sorry. Idle Air Control valve, it controls the engine idle.
Check for vac leaks first because it doesnt cost anything, if you dont find vac leaks check the IAC.:)

Mike (Lessonintorque)...

... the IAC is attatched to the throttle body, and FWIW if you are going to replace it, you must get the Ford part, the aftermarket ones don't work/fit the same way ( unless someone new has come up with one that does, which I'm not aware of). I think the other Mike's advice is sound though-check for vac leaks or a hose that possibly pulled off due to the engine movement under WOT. Good luck.

Dan H

resized%20dec%2001%20low%20pro%20side.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Mike and Dan, I will check those out today. I had just thought that the accumulator worked on the same vacuum lines as th engine and that was my leak. Ill check those. Thanks again
:D Mike Oh yeah you got a part #?

The part# for the IAC is E9SZ-9F715-E
The brake system on this car does not use any vac from the engine at all, its not like any other system youre used to. This system is all electric using an electric pump to create the brake line pressures, it doesnt use a vac booster to create brake fluid pressure.

Last edited:
Back