i have a quetion doesnt make sense please help!!!

got-sc?

i have a 94 sc 5% blower pulley true dual exhaust (flowmaster)
shift kit in the auto tranny. now the deal is my fan was not turning on when it was supposed to and the high speed still doesnt turn on when it is supposed to so i connected the fan on low speed all the time. now when im doing city driving here in el paso and you should know gets really hot here temp daily is between 95-100 degrees in the city driving my car runs pretty cool below the n or maybe in the middle but as soon as i get on the highway temp rises to middle of L and hot that scares me!!
i cant even turn on the ac in the city cause it gets way to HOT
what could the prob be i also noticed that im shooting some vapor out my tail pipes at night only thats weird what do you guys think that it could be?? please help me out you guys iv owned this car for about 2 yrs its the best but ive never had this problem..............thanks in advance

oh i also forgot to mention that i have a 160 stat so i cant make any sense from it ???????

a couple things I would start with are run the codes--the scan will run the fan on low and high-to see if its working properly-at least my 90 does that. Also when your ac goes on the fan should turn on with it always. if your fan is functioning properly-I guess you need to check your head gaskets
g/l

Check your fan relays, they could be bad causing your fan not to come on properly.
The overheating and water vapor screams BAD head gasket.

got-sc? said:
now the deal is my fan was not turning on when it was supposed to and the high speed still doesnt turn on when it is supposed to so i connected the fan on low speed all the time.

I did this to my 89 xr7 and I never had the gauge go over the N. NEVER. Highway, stop and go didn't matter. With or without A/c. To this day I believe it is what saved my car from the headgasket monster and made it last 3 years. (Beat the hell out of it...Daily!) Anyway, check the coolant lines for clogs. It sounds like there might be a small clog that is ok for normal driving but gets worse as the heat load increases. Also exhaust did seem to have a little vapor in it as well. I just thought it was due to the engine running cooler. Good Luck.

sounds like the coolant temp sensor. That tells the computer how hot the motor is and turns on the fans. If its 222...i believe it turns the low speed on. If its around 235 i think it turns the high speed on. The two cannot be on at the same time...this will burn out the fan and the wiring harness. The coolant temp sensor is on the manifold behind the DIS module. The sensor that is on the thermostat housing is only for the guage on the dash. How that helps...that senor is only like 10 bucks....so even if its not that....you dont go and break the bank.

Back