right side window won't work

ThunderDave

I have a problem with the passenger side window not going up or down. I thought the motor was bad and bought a used on of ebay only to have the same outcome. I can push the down button and pull on the window mechanism and get it to work, down and then up very slowly and jerky, but it won't work on it's own.

Is there a problem with the window itself or could it be that both motors are just to weak to operate it and I need a new one?

Any help would be appreciated very much. Thanks!

David

Could I get some cheese to go with my whine???

im haven the same prob with the driverside window the switch and motor seem to work i get it to go up and down if i push it down or pull it up my guess would be the accuator if thats how you spell it but if anyone has anyother ideas that would help thanks alot.

windows 2003

Ok, I took the original motor apart and the pins/bushings inside looked fine. I'm going to try it again and if it doesn't work, I'll buy a new one. Maybe they just wear out and aren't strong enough to move the window up and down. I read on another post that someone had a similar problem and said it was better to replace them than trying to fix the old ones.

My drivers side worked intermitently, and I ran another wire for the hot wire to the switch and it works fine now, then the passenger side that had worked fine before starts messing up. What are the odds of having them both work at the same time???

Good luck with yours and let me know what you do to fix it.

David

windows 2003 update

Alrighty then. That's more like it. I got it to work. If you take yours apart, there are the three bolts that hold it to the door. The other is a philips head, remove it and pry the cover up showing the inside of the motor. Take the clip off and you can remove the gear. On mine, the 3 plastic pins were wore on the inside where the gear turns against it. I moved them around to where the worn part was facing away from the gear and the rounded part was up against it and replaced the gear and cover. I put the motor back in and it works fine now. How long will it last, I don't know, I hope a while and it will put off having to spend any money on a new one for right now.

Hope you can get yours going again. Good luck.

Now on to all the other things on it that need my attention.

David

Friends don't let friends drive slow.

WOW! Thanks David!

I've got a 91...husband is so frustrated, he gave up! He hadn't tried turning the plastic pins....my passanger window quit working two years ago...now, my drivers side is getting an attitude. We will definitely try turning the pins!

Debra

windows

I don't know if that will fix your problem, but it did mine. Good luck with it and let me know if it works for you.

David "colbysbubba@yahoo.com"

Me too

I just bought a 90 SC and my passenger window just started to do the same thing. It makes me so mad. I will take a look at it and if it is the clip then i will rotate it too. If you can come up with some more info to help it would be apprecated and thanks for your problem solving. I'll keep in touch how it works out

windows

I bought my super coupe on July 3rd of this year, so I'm finding out a lot of things about the car that I didn't know before. The message boards on here have been very helpful to me and I'll help anyway I can. The window problem seems to be very common on these cars from some of the posts I've read.

If you have a problem with checking out the power window motor or need more info on how to rearrange the pins, you can email me and I'l be glad to help you if I can.

David / super91coupe colbysbubba@yahoo.com

How to get to?

I took off my trim today to work on the motor and rotate the chip like you recomend but when i take off the panel there is no way to get to my window motor. How do you get to it. Its on the inside of the door and i see no way of getting to it except working inside the door or cut a hole in the frame. I cant do that. how did you do it?

windows

Hey,

I'm glad you asked. It stumped me too when I first saw it. I thought, there's no way to get to it. Ok, The three bolts that hold it on are behind the plastic lining inside the door. Take a razor knife and cut it back to revel them. You'll need to take the door speaker out so you can reach your hand in there to reach the motor itself. unscrew the 3 bolts(use a magnetic tip because the screws will fall down in the door, if they do you can reach in there and get them) and there is an electrical connector you'll need to disconnect.

Take the philips head screw out and carefully pry up the cover. This should show you the pins. Take the C clip off the end of the shaft holding the gear on and you can pry up on the gear to get it off, this will allow you the room needed to move the pins around. If they are still in good shape and just flat spotted on one side like mine were, you can arrange them so the the rounded side is against the gear shaft. Put the gear back on and the C clip. Put the cover back on and you are ready to reinstall it. Becareful putting the motor in. Make sure it goes in place right so the gear will line up with the window. I used needle nose pliers to start the bolts since they aren't long enough to hold on to. If you use the magnetic tool, don't worry about the needle nose. tighten them up evenly to ensure the motor stays lined up with the window.

I'd connect the window control back to it and check too see if it works before going any further.

If the plastic pins are in bad shape or fallen apart, you can get replacement kits from an auto parts store pretty cheap. Call around and see who has them.

I wish you luck and hope it's works.

Oh, you might want to duct tape the plastic where you cut it for access.

David

Back