New Supercharger Smoking A Little ??? Ideas

wwwtbirdforumcom

I just finished installing a totally rebuilt supercharger (has sc fluid in it filled properly) - new plugs - new wires - removed air silencer - sealed ic tubes with gortex and copper rtv - all vacumn lines replaced - new coolant - new hoses upper and lower - new belts.....

Cleaned K&N panel filter and reconditioned it with 2 coats of oil.

OK - THAT IS ALL GOOD NOW...

Started car - smooth perfect idle and everything sounding great - after a minute I see light smoke (like when something is coated with oil) coming up from the rear - I shut engine right off.

MY QUESTION -
is the light oil type smoke coming from the new SC possibly like when some that has a coating of oil burns off?

I appreceate your thoughts in advance....

I have included a pic of where the light smoke was coming from
thanks you.

Attachments

• mvc-004f.jpg
    mvc-004f.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 101
It is most likely coming from the exhaust manifold. It's nearly impossible to change the wires or the plugs without smudging a little grease onto the manifold or headers.

As a precaution you might want to check to be sure none of the wires are laying against the manifolds. If it's just grease/oil burning off, it should stop smoking in a minute or two.

David

well its one of two things
-something burning off-assembly lube\oil\gas etc...
-or there is a leak
i would check all my vacuum lines+ connections first
if all is ok give it a bath
g/l

new hosews makes me think antifreeze leaked on exhaust and is burning off..Let car run for awhile making sure no overheating occurs..Should burn off..Also will have a semi sweet smell

Back