resonator hollow or baffled

ratfink

I was just curious if anyone would tell me if the stock one is baffled, and how the magnaflow one is better. what is in the magnaflow if anything.

i gutted the stocker on my son's 90. if you can weld i think you can get the same performance for 10 bucks. there are three tubes that are louvered. the outlet is very restrictive. first cut off the heat shield, save the bands. you will need to weld them back. next open the housing, use a die cutter. every place you see a spot weld is a gusset inside. leave the gussets. you will have three pieces out if the top of the resonator. rip out all the tubes and replace the tops. next go to the outlet and remove it, but save the ball. cut in a hole for a three inch pipe. weld in a short piece of three inch, next section off a piece of the ball the same size as the three inch pipe, weld the ball to the pipe. you can section off the other end of the ball, but only to two and seven eights inch in dia. or it will not fit in the socket. just measure very carefully, or the length may not be the same.

Thats is some good advice thanks but I am already in the process of making my own but I will still use your ball and socket part thanks. Did make your own cold air intake?

yes the cai is a piece of four inch black ribbed flexable field tile. remove the air silencer, then cut a hole in the bottom of the air dam facing strait down. the tile will slip into the hole and will compress enough to fit the oval hole in the air box. i am not sold on this setup, i do not like the ribbed pipe. my son may have gained a tenth in the quarter.

Back