Valve Cover

CFThunder

Hi, would a passenger side valve cover from a non-SC fit our cars? If so any year 3.8 or is there a certain year? My SC is a 90. Locally I only found non-SC's so thought I ask before I buy and try. Thank you for your time and help!!! Jerome

If we can use non-SC valve covers, these would be pretty awesome:

bbk2.jpg

BBK Specials

they might be awesome but you can't see them anyway.....you could take pictures of what they look like before you install them , that way you can show everyone your cool valve covers......

Or you could come in here with your sarcasm and not provide any information at all. Either way you want to work it. :rolleyes: At least I provided information about an aftermarket set.

JJanney, Thanks for the valve cover info.Would you know the costs.

Have you made contact with BBK.Or would a person need to be a dealer
to buy from them.

In the picture of the covers they look like they could be mod to work
on a SC.just need to bore the holes for oil and breathers.And machine
a plate with SC or Thunderbird,to cover up the BBK logo.

Kevenj90sc If you would wash your motor once every 5 years and get
rid of the 1 inch of crud,(sounds like you may need a chisle). you might
be able to see your valve covers.

randy

Last edited:
Randy & Connie, I just bought the new Muscle Mustangs yesterday and saw them in there. I only went to BBK's webpage to check them out. I am not even sure if they are available yet. I assume one could contact BBK though and find out.

Back from the dead.

Anyone use these? Do they fit? My passenger side one must be warped because I just changed the gaskets and torqued the bolts to spec, and the car drips oil on the exhaust manifolds and smokes on the passenger side. Very frustrating when sitting at a red light with the climate fan on and the car fills with oil smoke. My girlfriend always says "your car stinks".

Scott Long said:
Back from the dead.

Anyone use these? Do they fit? My passenger side one must be warped because I just changed the gaskets and torqued the bolts to spec, and the car drips oil on the exhaust manifolds and smokes on the passenger side. Very frustrating when sitting at a red light with the climate fan on and the car fills with oil smoke. My girlfriend always says "your car stinks".

That's because you still have the body of the last guy you shanked in the trunk. DUH!!! You gotta remember to dump the body, Scott. ;)

BTW, take a level to the valve covers and see if they're true. If not, I'm sure you could sand them level with a belt sander.

I'm sure I could maybe mill them a bit. I have a spare set in the garage but don't know if they are straight or not. Maybe I'll give the passenger one a try.

Back