dose anybody have pictures of the split port heads

blown96bird

I am wondering what the split port heads look like. I wonder if it was possiable to use them on a sc with a sheat metal intake. I would like to see a 500 hp sc that is reliable and could be used as a daily driver.

WHAT TO USE

go to v6 power web site......................or use tech search and see if there are any pic,s........FAST FREDDIE:D :cool: :cool: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm sure Jim's can run everyday, he baby's his but it isn't to crazy. I believe Coy's is pretty streetable. I would say I have around 425 and I don't have a lick of problems due to power and I drive mine everyday. If I did something to tune it better, opened up intake and got better air charge cooling I could be up close to 500. I am sure the sheet metal intake would cost you a small fortune too, might as well dump that money in your heads, it would be a lot easier.

I would like to see a 500 hp sc that is reliable

So would I...mine is very close to 500 at the crank and it's my daily driver. But I sure wouldn't call it reliable, that would be the boring Explorer I drive on rainy days.

David

Here are a couple pics of a spare set that I have here:

05180006(smaller).jpg

05180001.jpg

I can get some better pics of them if you'd like.

-Rod

Some folks believe that boosted single port 3.8s are better than boost split-ports. Depends on who you talk too.

depends on how you boost it, and the setup. Another v6 guy I hang with has a mustang with a stock 95 bottom end, stock split port heads and intake, single 70 trim turbo and 10 psi makes 400whp. other guys on v6power with stock single port engines with 10 psi of boost make around 330whp. but then again, it could be due to the tune. I don't know. Just saying.

depends on how you boost it, and the setup. Another v6 guy I hang with has a mustang with a stock 95 bottom end, stock split port heads and intake, single 70 trim turbo and 10 psi makes 400whp. other guys on v6power with stock single port engines with 10 psi of boost make around 330whp. but then again, it could be due to the tune. I don't know. Just saying.

you're responding to a thread that's over 6 years old

Back